Chapter Thirteen

Zayn's POV

She looked so peaceful while she slept. I watched her as she drifted off to sleep leaning against the door of my car. I smiled a little when I saw she was sleeping soundly.

I never wanted to have to wake her up but we were about to get there. I had decided to show her my favorite spot in the whole world. Nobody but me knows that place, I had found it a few years ago and immediately I fell in love with it.

I hadn't been there since a few months ago. I had decided I wanted to bring Sam there, I felt as if I could trust her to keep it a secret from everyone else. 

I pulled into a clearing in a forest before shutting the car off. I looked over at a still asleep Sam. God, she looked so peaceful, I was looking at her lips when she started to stir.

I leaned over to her and kissed her on the cheek. But all that got me was a slap across the face.

"Dang! Geez, Sam it's just me!" I raised my voice a little.

I looked back at her to see she had a grin plastered to her face, she actually looked, kind of, proud. I met her gaze and held it for a few seconds then she started laughing like a maniac.

I started laughing along with her, she had the prettiest laugh I have ever heard...

Sam's POV

I felt something on my cheek, I, out of habit, slapped it. I heard him swear and fall back down.

 I grinned, Zayn. He was the one who kissed me. Oh no, I just slapped him. I mentally slapped myself.

"Dang! Geez, Sam it's just me!" he basically yelled at me.

I acted like I had just woke up and hadn't just slapped him, which was extremely hard.

 I had a genuine smile, not my usual fake one, but a real smile plastered all over my face.

I met his gaze and looked into his big brown eyes, I held it for as long as I could but failed, miserably.

I laughed, I couldn't help it. I died of laughter, I was laughing so hard I was trying so hard not to cry laughing.

"I- I think I ha-have abs now!" was literally all I could say before dying again.

I saw him laugh about ten times harder. I finally calmed down and looked over at Zayn.

"Where are we?" I say as I look outside. We were in a forest type of scenery. 

I looked outside o see the tall trees towering high above the clearing we were sitting in. I was amazed at how tall the trees were. I turned back at Zayn and waited for his answer.

"I brought you to a very special place to me. Dove, I feel like I can show you this place and you will still keep it a secret. Can you, for me?"  Zayn had this look on his face that told me he really trusted me. 

"Yes, I can keep this place a secret." I reply back.

He got out of the car with me following close behind him. I walked over to where he was standing.

"Follow me." he told me and started walking into the woods.

I looked around taking in the beauty of the woods. There were so many birds perched high up in the tree branches. They seemed to be talking to each other. Unseen running water off in the distance.

"We're here," Zayn said after we had been walking for awhile.

I gasped as I looked up from the trail. In front of us stood a huge waterfall. I stood still like a statue as I took in the view.

The waterfall cascaded gracefully into a river that continued down the opposite way. I turned back towards Zayn to see he has thrown his shirt onto a rock and was now getting rid of his skinny jeans.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. I may have been staring at his shirtless abs.

"You want a picture Dove?" He smirks.

"No..." I trail off.

"Well, are you gonna get in or am I going to have to drag you in?"

"I really don't want to swim Zayn."

Truth is I don't know how to swim. I have taken lessons before but let's just say they didn't help much. My mum used to try to teach me when my father was still alive. But as soon as he died, well so did a part of her.

"Why? Are you telling me that you don't know how to, or are you just trying to rain on my parade?" He grins.

He sure knows how to get under my skin. "No, I just don't feel like swimming. Its actually quite cold to me."

I see him roll his eyes, "Are you always cold?"

"Yes, actually." It was actually the truth, I was constantly cold even in the middle of summer.

"Fine, suit yourself Dove." With that, he jumps in.

He doesn't come up for a few minutes which scares me a little until I see him come up to the surface.

"Are you really not coming in? Don't you wanna join me?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ew, and no, I do not want to join you." I reply taking a seat by a tree a little farer away from the river.

After a few minutes of him basically begging me to get in he gives up and gets out.

"Come here!" He yells before running my way, you have to remember that he is still wet so of course I take off running.

He finally catches up with me after dressing back into his clothes.

"Come here Dove." He says before pulling me off the ground where I sat after he caught up with me.

He pulled me into a hug from behind before whispering in my ear.

"Race you back to the car." He took off running in the direction of the car.

"Hey no fair!" I yelled back at him. I heard him laugh and I took of after him.

Let's just say I didn't win.