Chapter Seven

I couldn't let him know about my 'diet'. I just told him I wasn't hungry, I could tell he knew something was up but he didn't discuss the topic any further thank God.

We got up to the front of the lunch line when my anxiety took over, I couldn't eat that, I will not eat it. I felt my hands get sweaty as my breathing started to get slightly out of control. I have to get out of the cafeteria soon.

I turn toward Zayn, "I'll be back in a minute," it was all I could get out before I ran out of the cafeteria.

I ran straight for the women's restroom. I went in and thankfully nobody was in here. I looked in front of the mirror and couldn't believe I would have to eat in front of Zayn.

I went into one of the stalls and forced myself to get rid of anything I have eaten in the past few days, which honestly wasn't much. I went over to the mirrors and convinced myself I could eat a few bites. No more than a bite or two.

I quickly went to my locker and grabbed a few mints out of it before returning to the lunchroom. I spotted Zayn sitting at my usual table with a tray next to him, probably for me. I made my way over to him and sat down.

"You okay?" he questioned me as I sat down.

"Yeah, sorry I just, had to do something. Don't worry about it." I replied.

He just shrugged it off and went back to eating his food. I looked down at my tray, ew, there was no way I could eat anything but the vegetables, and even they didn't look very fresh.

My school was one of those that the food wasn't exactly the best in the world but at the same time was good if you didn't look at it the whole time you ate. I personally found the food slightly appetizing but I never ate it.

I picked up my fork with a shaky hand and lifted it up to my face with a little portion of the vegetables on it. I slowly brought it to my mouth and forced myself to eat. I almost gagged, I hadn't eaten something like this in forever, now I understood why half the population hated broccoli.

I saw Zayn out of the corner of my eye, he was studying me. I just shrugged it off and continued to force myself to chew the disgusting excuse for a vegetable. I decided that from that point on that broccoli was evil.

I swallowed that bite and set my fork down, I didn't want to eat anymore. I stared at my plate, I couldn't get away with eating just one bite, surely Zayn would notice. I sighed, I decided to try the salad. It was most likely the healthiest option on the tray.

I took a bite, I didn't bother to put on any dressing, just more fattening food I didn't want to eat. I chewed it slowly and forced it down my throat. I was already starting to feel sick, I don't think I can eat anymore.

I faked a few more bites and pushed the food around on my plate. I saw that Zayn was already finished.

"You done? You barely anything Sam." he acted like he really cared, but I knew it was just an act, that was what my former friends had said before they ditched me.

I nodded my head as if I were saying 'yeah'. I couldn't form any words, I felt horrible. I had to get rid of the food.

"I'll be right back okay?" I told him before I got up.

"Where are you going Sam?" he questioned.

"I have to go do something, I'll be back before the bell rings."

I stood up and grabbed my bag off the floor. I started heading towards the restrooms.

I got to them and made sure nobody was in there before going into one of the stalls and shoving my fingers down my throat. I got rid of all the food I had been forced to eat to seem normal for once.

I stood up and went to the sink and pulled a spare toothbrush I carried around just in case I was forced to eat. I brushed my teeth and took a few mints from my bag before going back to the cafeteria.

Zayn watched me as I sat down across from him. I could tell he was searching me for some kind of information.

We were interrupted by the queen bee of the school coming over to my, well our table now. I rolled my eyes, she was the only one who really talked to me unless her 'minions' were with her. Unfortunately they were with her now. I could handle her but you bring her minions with her and that was too much. One of them, Bella, was actually quite nice but because she was one of the minions she had to listen to the 'queen bee'.

"Zayn! You are sitting at The Nerd's table." Britney acted shocked.

Britney was the queen bee of the school. She was spoiled, and get whatever she wished. Plus, her family was too rich for their own good, most of the people in our town acted nice towards them because her father was the mayor. My mum was always too drunk or busy to even care about them.

I cleared my throat, "I'm sitting right here?"

"I know, you were supposed to hear that honey." She talked to me like I was a freaking two year old.

I just rolled my eyes, I got up to throw my food away.

"Why are you throwing away all that food Ham? Are you finally taking my advice and dieting?" she smirked.

I didn't respond, I just looked at the ground. By now the entire cafeteria was looking towards us.

I looked up a little bit and saw Zayn looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes filled with concern. I met his gaze and quickly diverted my gaze when our eyes met.

I could tell he knew something was wrong now, if he didn't already...