Chapter Thirty-Five

We got to the arena twenty minutes after we left the house. I was a nervous wreck the whole way there.  I had completely pulled the skin away from my nails, resulting in blood seeping through the deeper parts. 

What if Zayn is bleeding bad? Or he's dead?

I forced myself to stop thinking about what might have happened. 

I flung open the car door before it had even came to a complete stop. 

Ignoring Louis' shouts from behind me, I ran inside the building.

First thing I saw as two men carrying a body outside, I moved out of the way to let them through. It looked familiar....

I went over to one of the men with a uniform and asked him where Zayn was. He told me that he was brought outside five minutes ago.

I felt my entire world shatter.

~

Louis was giving a sad attempt to comfort me, giving me an awkward hug.

We were in the waiting room in the hospital; not only twenty minutes ago we had brought Zayn here. They had rushed him into an operating room, putting him through an emergency surgery.

The doctors hadn't even given us enough time to say goodbye in case something were to go wrong. His breathing was shallow and he was pale. My guess was from all the blood he had lost.

~

Four hours and six cups of coffee later Louis and I were still in the waiting room. I slowly say back up, then the events of last night came back, hitting me like a freight train.

I felt a hot tear slip down my face.

I wiped it away, just as a doctor came over to where we were sitting.

"How is he?" Louis asked.

" He lost so much blood, we have done the best we could. He may only have an hour or two left. it will take a miracle for he to live past that. Come with me and you can say your goodbyes. " He had a solemn expression.

I didn't care anymore, I let the tears go. As Louis guided me to the room Zayn was in, I let them fall, as my mascara was probably running.

Louis had me sit in a chair, he went in first. I pulled my bony knees up to my chest. I realized I hadn't talked to Emma in forever. I sent her a quick text telling her to get to the hospital down town.

She was there in five minutes. Louis still hadn't come out yet so I told her what had happened. I watched as her eyes became teary, but I couldn't help myself, I had started crying halfway through the first sentence.

Louis came out, his eyes red and his cheeks were slightly wet. He nodded and I went in, leaving him and Emma outside the door.

I sat down, slightly pained by the soft of him. He was no longer covered in blood, but he didn't look better. His beautiful brown hair with the recently dyed blonde strip was flat, no longer styled in his signature way. His face was pale, making his visible tattoos stand out. He had multiple cuts along his face, more on his arms. His beautiful pink lips are now pale and have a blueish tint to them.

I took one of his hands in mine, and brought it up to my mouth and gently kissed it.

"Zayn," my voice wavered, but I pressed further. I would not cry yet. " I, I love you. I knew it ever since you started bugging me almost a month and a half ago. When you brought me on our first date, it was one of the best days of my life. If you leave me here, I'm, I'm not gonna last here much longer. "

He moved a little, making me stop. His eyes fluttered open, showing that beautiful brown I've come to know and love.

"Hey," I whispered.

" Hey Sammie. " he smirked, then winced with the immediate pain.

"I love you."

He smiled, "I love you too."

His breath hitched, making me hold mine.

"Doctor says you might not have long..." I trailed off.

" I figured, being out this much pain is never good. "

I watched as his lips turned up.

"Zayn, please don't leave me. " I whispered.

He lifted his arm up, but you could tell it hurt, "As long as I can control it, I'll never leave you. "

~

This chapter sucked tbh..
Oh well, and yes, it is coming to an end. After the last chapter there might be an epilogue, Idk yet.

Don't hate me for this chapter!

Love you guys