Chapter Thirty-Eight

Emma brought me home after the funeral. We had watched as he was lowered into the earth. when it was.our turn to throw a handful of dirt on top of him I couldn't help myself. I softly whispered, "See you soon."

Emma made sure I was okay, once again doubtful to leave me alone. Before she left I took her hand in mine.

"You know that I love you right?" I asked.

"Of course Sam."

I stood up and have her a hug, I don't know how long but I didn't want to let go.

"Sam, are you okay?" She asked, pulling away.

" Yeah, I just needed a hug. " I lied. I tend to do that a lot.

"Okay, well, if you need me just call or text." She gave me a last hug and left.

" Okay, I'm coming Zayn. " I whispered, making my way to the kitchen.

Screw rehab.

I took the bottle of my depression pills off the windowsill above the sink. I dumped them all out and counted them. There were almost thirty in it. Good enough I thought.

I took them all, taking three at a time. I liked out my phone and texted Emma telling her to come over in twenty minutes. I wanted her to be the one to find me.

I went up to my room and grabbed my suicide note I had written last night after Zayn's eulogy.

I started feeling the effects of the pills and went back downstairs. I checked my phone, Emma was on her way right now. I set the note down and looked one last time through my photos. I stopped when I reached the one I had been looking for. Zayn was smiling and I was tucked into his side with my hand slightly covering my mouth while I was laughing. He had just said something funny moments earlier before he took a quick picture of us. He sent it to me after we had left.

I smiled and went upstairs, I laid on my bed, looking at the picture. My note was set neatly on my side table.

I closed my eyes and held my phone close to my heart, before I blacked out I remember hearing my voice say out loud, "I'm coming Zayn."

Then I was gone.

~

Emma's POV

I looked at my phone, San wants me to come over in twenty minutes. I set my phone down and pulled into a gas station. I quickly replied with a quick, 'I'm coming now.'

I turned back around and went back the way I had came. Ten minutes later I was back at Sam's house. I knocked on the door.

Nothing.

I knocked harder, still nothing.

I pounded this time. It was silent.

I tried opening the door with the handle, thankfully it opened. I called out, "Sam! Sam! Sam where are you?"

I looked in the living room, she wasn't there and neither was her phone. Then kitchen was empty, but I noticed the empty pill bottle in the counter. Oh my gosh.

"Sam!" I shrieked.

I ran upstairs, past her mum's room and the bathroom, checking both before I got to her room.

I saw her body on her bed, holding her phone to her chest. I gently took it from her, seeing the picture of her and Zayn I felt a tear slip.

"Sam!" I gently tried shipping her, with no result.

I dialed 911 on my phone, "911, state your emergency."

" My friend has overdosed and I need an ambulance. " I spoke.

"Address?"

I have her the address and she said there would be an ambulance on its way.

I just now noticed the note on the table. I picked it up and read it.

Emma, I hope you find me first.

Ever since Zayn died I've been worse. I was at one point getting better, but I couldn't take it anymore. I missed him so freaking much. If it weren't for him I would've been dead a month ago.

I'm sorry I had to leave you too. I couldn't stay here while I knew I would be miserable and depressed for the rest of my life without him. I remember thinking while he was in that hospital bed, if you don't make it I'm not going to last much longer. Now I know ill.get to see him again.

Forgive me? I promise to wait for you when you meet us again.

I love you Em.

I saw a tear hit the paper. My best friend was gone. I gently pressed my fingers against her head, the heat from her body was barely there anymore. Her lips were slightly blue and her face had turned pale.

She was gone.

~
You guys hate me now...

Don't sorry the next chapter or two will be the alternate ending. :)