Chapter Thirty

I woke up to the all too familiar bright white walls of your average hospital walls. God, why do they have to be so blinding?

I groaned, trying to sit up.

"Sam, don't move to fast," Zayn came rushing to my side. I didn't even notice he was sitting there.

"Why am I here Zayn? Nothing is wrong with me, I've already told you" I tried ripping out the tube that were going into my arm, probably feeding me or giving me some type of medicine I don't want.

"Obviously there is something wrong. After you read the post you, you, I don't know, blacked out?" he didn't know what to call it.

"Just go get the doctor before I hurt myself by ripping these needles and crap out from my arm." I stopped pulling at them.

He quickly left the room to find a doctor. I sighed and laid back against the pillows. 

A million thoughts were going through my head. I still couldn't believe Britney posted that, it was for me to tell when I was ready, who I wanted to know, and when. Not her.

I kept thinking until Zayn came back in with a nice looking woman in a white doctors coat behind him.

"Hello Samantha. Or do you want to be called Sam?" she asked, looking at a few papers on her clipboard.

"Sam is fine. Now can you please take these things  out of my arms?" I asked.

"No, they are giving you the nutrients you have been lacking lately. Sam, you are very malnourished. Do you eat on a regular basis?"

No.

"Yes. Three small meals a day."

A week if we're being honest here.

"You need to be eating a lot more than that." She wrote something down.

" Okay, " I nodded.

"When can she be discharged?" Zayn asked.

" Later today, maybe around three. It all depends on how she is by then. "

She wrote a few more things down and then left the room, leaving Zayn and I in an awkward silence.

"Can you go back to my house and grab me an extra change of clothes to change into?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, anything specific?"

"A black hoodie with a pair of pale pink jeans?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll be back soon." He left, closing the door gently behind him.

I laid back into the pillows and thought about what it would be like after I started going back to school. I didn't want to go back there. I had literally  collapsed in the school yard. I can only imagine the merciless stares, rumors, and especially bullying  after I got back into that place.

Ugh, tomorrow should be fun yeah?

*TIME SKIP TO TOMORROW*

I had gotten out of the hospital yesterday and Zayn had insisted staying with me last night, much against my will. But he had offered to take the couch or the floor but I made him sleep in the bed with me. I had to admit, I liked having him there with me but I barely slept all night. I was worried that my Mom might bring home a guy or come in here in the middle of the night and start saying stuff about Zayn sleeping in here with me. 

But now it was almost six in the morning and I was wide awake. Him being here was both  comforting and scar at the same time. So I turned off the alarm before it woke him up and I slowly made my way out from under his arm which was wrapped tightly around my waist; and quietly made my way to the  bathroom down the hall.

I turned on the shower and stepped in, letting the water run down my face. I quickly washed up and got out ten minutes later.

I got dressed in a purple-pink sweater and a pair of tight skinny jeans that rose a little higher than regular jeans and slid on my white off-brand converse. I curled my hair into a bunch of ringlets and shook them out so they looked like loose waves.

I did my makeup, going to a pretty rose color and applied mascara before leaving the bathroom. I looked in the mirror in the hallway and felt like I was still as ugly as ever. I hated how I looked, and nothing I ever did would be able to fix it.

I walked back into my room and saw the bed was empty. I was about to turn around to go to the kitchen when he popped up behind me.

"Good morning," he said, hugging me from behind.

I screamed, completely forgetting about being quiet.

"Don't scare me like that!" I smiled, hitting his shoulder.

But my mood was soon ruined.

OMG I updated in the same week! 😱 First My Little Secret and now The Nerd!!

Wow, I might actually be getting good at this whole scheduled update thing... Lol, jk. Im still busy attempting a social life so yeah, this probably won't be a regular thing. Lol, sorry guys.

Anyways, how's your social life going? Any tips for  me?? Lord knows I need it.

Anyways, what days do you think I should update this book? If you guys have any good suggestions for days, let  me know right here. I'll see which one fits my totally existing social life. (Not)

Okay, well I'll start writing the next chapter while you guys think of good updating schedules.

Luv u guys!💕