Chapter Five

I walked toward my table in the cafeteria, it was empty like always. I sighed and set the tray down on the table. I took out my sketchbook and drew in it since I had no desire to eat.

I was working on a black and white drawing again. I worked on it until the bell rang, I picked up the tray, still full of food and carried it over to the trash cans. I returned to my table to find Zayn sitting there, he seemed to be waiting for something.

I slowly made my way over there and picked up my sketch book and bag. I turned around to leave when I heard him.

"Why didn't you eat?"

"Have you been watching me?"

"No, just observing, besides I have seen you quite a few times before refusing to eat. That, or you take it and barely take a few bites. So, I will ask again, why don't you eat?" He was looking at me like he was searching for something.

"I just ate a big breakfast this morning?" it came out as a question more than a statement.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" he chuckled. God his laugh was beautiful.

"I was telling you. Besides why do you care Zayn?"

"I don't, I'm just not a fan of seeing girls suffer unless it is because of me." With that he stood up and walked away. I watched him for a minute before heading to class.

I went through the rest of the day avoiding Zayn and not talking to anyone. I walked home today but halfway through the walk it started to rain.

"Sh*t, why does it have to rain now?"

I walked a little faster but the rain seemed to match my mood. I heard a car pull up next to me so I turn my head to see Zayn slowly driving his car to match my walking speed. A voice inside my head screamed at me to ignore him.

I ignored it and turned to him. "Can I help you?"

He just smiled. "Yes, actually, you can hop in the car so you don't get anymore wet."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't want to get kidnapped today, sorry."

He chuckled, "Just get in the car Sam. I won't stop following you until you get in."

I groaned internally and kept walking, there was no way I was getting in his car. I was all wet and right now just wanted to be left alone.

I turned toward him, "I just want to be left alone right now, okay?"

"I'm not bothering you, I'm just driving next to a pretty lady."

I look around, "Who?" I say sarcastically.

He laughed and I did my best not to start laughing, his laugh was contagious. I just looked at him with a straight face.

"Please? For me at least?" I looked into his beautiful brown eyes.

I heard a voice in the back of my head screaming at me to keep walking and ignore him.

"Fine," I grumbled, ignoring the voice.

"Yay!"

This is gonna be a long ride.

I told you to leave him and keep walking, but no, you ignored me and decided to hop in the car with him.

I stared straight ahead, trying to avoid all conversations. It didn't work.

"Where do you live?" he asked a few minutes later.

I gave him the address and continued to stay quiet. I didn't really want him to see my house but I also didn't want to get even more soaking wet than I already was.

"You never answered my question, from earlier, I mean."

Dang it, he remembered. "What do you mean? I already told you I had eaten a big breakfast this morning."

"I din't think that is the whole truth, Sam. Come, on please tell me the truth." He begged me.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I ask him, I didn't want to tell him anymore than I had too. I don't think I could get hurt again.

"I promise you can tell me anything. I am pretty good at listening and helping people through things."

"I'm sorry, I just don't think I can trust you yet." I say sadly.

"That's fine, just let me know when you're ready to share."

______Zayn's POV________

I didn't want to push her any farther than that. She was worth waiting for, no matter how long that would be.

I could wait for days, weeks, months, or years even. Because she was beautiful, and I could tell she was different from all the other girls that go head over heels for me. I could wait because she is fragile and I didn't want to be the one to break her. I don't know what has happened to her in the past, but I do know that I will do everything I can to keep it from happening again.

I stole a glance at her from the side, I saw her beautiful blonde hair pulled up into a messy bun. I looked at her icy blue eyes with her makeup that made her eyes stand out even more. With each second I looked at her, her beauty seemed to grow.

I turned my eyes back to the road. I took a wrong turn on purpose, I didn't want to drop her off yet. She was so pretty, she was different from other girls, I liked it more than she would ever know.

I pulled up to her house and unlocked the doors.

"Bye Zayn, thank you for the ride by the way." her voice was so soft and gentle.

"You're welcome Sam, see you at school tomorrow."

"Okay," she turned around and went into the house.

I already missed her, I couldn't wait for tomorrow.