Chapter Eighteen

Five minutes before five thirty I saw Zayn's black car pull up into my driveway.

"Bye Mom!" I yelled.

"Mhmm," she mumbled.

"She's drunk again," I mumbled to myself. Wasn't she always?

I shut the door behind me and met him halfway down the driveway. 

"Hey Zayn." I smiled. He was wearing his usual outfit, but he was wearing a gray t-shirt instead of his usual white. He must be trying to look good. His black leather jacket, and to finish it off, he was wearing his black skinny jeans with his black combat boots.

"Hey Dove," he smiled his perfectly white smile.

"You ready to go to your very first carnival?" He asked after we had gotten into the car.

"Yeah," I didn't sound very excited.

"What's the matter?" Oh no, he caught on quick.

"Nothing."

"I can tell when you lie Dove."

"What? I'm not lying!"

"I can tell because you started playing with your sleeve."

Dang it. 

"Now, what's wrong?" he asked again, I knew there was no hope for me getting out of this one.

"My Mum, there you happy?"

"Sorry, geez I was trying to be caring for once." key words: for once.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you." I apologized.

"It's fine."

"Can we just forget this conversation ever happened?" I asked him.

"Sure."

Great, now I don't have to be interrogated any longer.

______________

I'm so sorry this is short! I had to update though. Things have been busy lately and I haven't found a lot of time for writing lately. I'll work on the next chapter in a little bit though.