Chapter Sixteen

I barely paid attention to what the teacher was droning on and on about. All I could think about was Zayn and how he saved me this morning from Britney.

I had one question: Why?

Why did he choose to help me out? Why was it him who put his arm around me and told Britney and her minions to back off? Did he actually care about me or was this just an act so he could dump me when he was done with me?

I hoped it wasn't the second part with all I could. But what if it was true? Maybe he was just trying to use me then dump me? No, I can't think like that, I have to learn to trust men again sometime.

But it was harder than that. After what has happened to me in the past, I couldn't just trust anybody. It took time and getting used to for me to trust you.

So if I trust you, don't make me regret it.

"Ahem, Sam?" Oh no, the teacher had asked me a question.

"Can you repeat the question again?" I asked her.

She repeated the question and I gave her a random answer. Surprisingly, it was the right answer.

"Good job Sam. Now please pay attention." Then she went back to her boring lecture.

The bell rang causing me to jump, I quickly picked up my books and headed to the next class.

This was going to be a long day...

•••••

"What do you mean you haven't been to a carnival before?" Zayn was now sitting on my bed with a bucket of popcorn in his hands.

"Nope, not once. Every time it would come into town my mum would be away from home or she would forbid me from going."

"Hey, you know what?"

"Hmm?" I stuffed my face with popcorn. I didn't feel like watching him eat it all by himself.

"There is a carnival coming to town next weekend, do you, maybe, I don't know, wanna go with me?"

"Sure, it sounds fun!"

"Really? I mean yeah it, it should be pretty cool." He tried covering up the surprised look on his face.

I smiled at his adorableness. "So is it like a date? Or?"

"I think its whatever you want it to be. A friendly hang out or a date. Your pick."

"Hmm, would it be okay if I said a date?" I smirked.

"Absolutely!" his face had lit up.

He checked his phone and said, "Oh, I've got to get going. Thanks for having me over tonight Sam."

"Thank you for coming over. I'll see you tomorrow at school Zayn."

"I'll see you later." And he walked out the door.

•••••

Yes! Short again!

Thank you guys SO much for 100 reads!

So tell me, do you guys want longer updates but a longer wait, or do you want short, quick updates?

Let me know in the comments!!