Steve Harrington x Reader: Drive

I'll definitely be dissing Nancy a bit lol.
______________________

My hands wrapped around a stick shift
Swerving on the 405, I can never keep my eyes off this
My neck, the feeling of your soft lips
Illuminated in the light, bouncing off the exit signs I missed.

I rolled my eyes as Nancy Wheeler had run off with Jonathan Byers once again, it hurt me to see my best friend and crush, Steve Harrington, in so much pain because of her, all because she couldn't make up her fucking mind.

The two of us were inside his car, I was helping him study for his science test, until he saw Nancy and Jonathan together.

The two were a couple, until she started hanging out with Jonathan Byers for some mysterious reason.

Steve did everything for her, he gone against Tommy H. And Carol for her, he spent hours washing the graffiti off the wall stating "Nancy Wheeler is a slut", he even fought a fucking monster for her, and what does she do? Run off with someone else.

It's true I've never really liked any of the Wheeler's.
They treated all my family members like absolute shit. Let's start with Micheal Wheeler, he continuously cheated on my little sister many times with a girl named Eleven. Karen Wheeler, tried to cheat on her husband while flirting with my father. Ted Wheeler, is just a lazy piece of shit in general. Holly's fine, she's quite adorable actually. And finally, Nancy Wheeler, she knew I was in love with Steve, so, she knew that if she hurt him, it would also hurt me, and that's exactly what she did.

All we do is drive
All we do is think about the feelings that we hide
All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign
Sick and full of pride
All we do is drive.

I wanted to tell Steve how I felt, but I was way too shy, plus, he still loved Nancy, he wouldn't want me, his best friend he's known ever since kindergarten.

I frowned as I comforted him "Hey, how about we go for a drive?" I asked, he lifted his head in confusion "what are you talking about?" He asked "to clear your head" I smiled, his eyebrows furrowed "I-" "please, I hate to see you so down" I plead as I looked at him sadly, I placed my hand on top of his comfortingly, he sighed, but nodded, I smiled as he set the keys into the ignition.

The engine roared as he sped away from the heartbreaking scene, I wish I could tell him how I feel.

And California never felt like home to me
Until I had you on the open road and now we're singing.

Ah, ah, ah-ah, ah ah ah ah

Your laugh echoes down the highway
Carves into my hollow chest, spreads over the emptiness
It's bliss
It's so simple but we can't stay
Over analyze again, would it really kill you if we kissed?

I leaned my head against the cold window and sighed, I tried to avoid eye contact, because I would get so nervous I wouldn't be able to speak.

"So, how's the kids?" I slightly chuckled, he turned to me in confusion "I never thought you'd become a mother" I giggled, he playfully rolled his eyes with a smile on his face "but seriously, you protect those kids more than their own parents do."

He rolled his eyes "it's hard to do by myself" "I'll be by your side forever, I told you that when we were five" I giggled he nodded and chuckled again "yeah, I guess so" he muttered as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

All we do is drive
All we do is think about the feelings that we hide
All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign
Sick and full of pride
All we do is drive.

"We're here" Steve muttered, my eyebrows furrowed "where?" I asked, he pointed toward my front door, oh...

"I figured you probably want to go home, it's been a long day" he sighed, I slightly frowned but nodded, I opened the door and paused for a second, thinking about my words "Umm.. hey, I was just wondering if you wanna like... never mind. Thank you. Bye..." I muttered as I shut the car door.

And California never felt like home to me
Until I had you on the open road and now we're singing.

Ah, ah, ah-ah, ah ah ah ah

I sighed in disappointment, I wanted to tell him, I truly did...I love you, Steve Harrington.

________________________