Broken Hearts

—Cyrus's POV—

"We need to break up." I said. Tj looked broken as I said it. I could already see the tears coming down his cheeks.

"Okay. Anything you want." He said. He grabbed a blanket and a pillow and walked out of the room.

—TJ's POV—

I walked out of Cyrus's room with tears running down my face. I didn't want to stay here tonight. I couldn't wake up and see Cyrus, knowing that I couldn't give him a good morning kiss.

I picked up my phone and pressed on a name.

Hello?

Buffy?

It was obvious, I was crying.

Tj? What's wrong?

Could I spend the night at your house? I could explain everything there.

Of course! Come right over.

Thank you.

I went upstairs and got my bag and put some clothes in it for school tomorrow.

Cyrus looked at me. It was obvious that he was confused. He looked like he had been crying too.

"Tj what are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm getting some clothes and going to spend the night with someone. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." I said.

"Tj you can stay here." He said.

"Cyrus I don't think I can stay here. Not with how much I love you." I said. He looked on the verge of tears while I was actually crying. "I'll see you tomorrow Cyrus."

As I was walking out of the room, I heard a small sob come from Cyrus. I hoisted my bag up on my shoulder and walked to Buffy's house.

————————————————————

The front door of Buffy's house flew open and I was pulled inside. I still had tears streaming down my face so Buffy looked panicked.

"What happened?" Buffy asked.

"Um—."

"Buffy who's this?" A woman who I think is Buffy's mom came into the room.

"Mom this is Tj. He's going to spend the night." Buffy said.

"Oh Buffy I don't think that's a good idea." Her mom said.

"Oh Mrs. Driscoll, I'm gay. My boyfriend and I are going through a rough time and Buffy's my closest friend." I said. Mrs. Driscoll's face changed to sympathy.

She came over and hugged me. Why is everyone always hugging me.

"Of course you can stay here. I'm sorry for before." She said. I think she looked worried she offended me.

"Oh it's okay." I said.

"Why don't you and Buffy go up to her room? I'll bring up some popcorn in a few minutes." She said.

Buffy grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs.

"Thanks mom!" She called.

————————————————————

Once we got up to her room she sat me down on her bed and asked what was wrong.

"Cyrus and I broke up." I said quietly.

"Wait what? Why?" She asked.

I told her about what had happened the past few days which made me start crying again and this time I didn't try to stop.