Home

—Tyler's POV—

I walked out and slammed the door behind me. Marty was sitting on the porch crying.

When he saw me walking off with my bag, he walked after me.

"Ty, wait." He said. I kept walking. "Ty. Tyler!"

"What Marty?"

"Why did you do it? Why did you come out to your parents? You don't have anywhere to go." Marty said.

"I did it because I'm in love with you! I'm in love with you. I want to be with you. I—I n-need you Marty." I fell to the ground and broke down crying.

Marty ran to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I n-need you and I screwed it up. I—." Marty placed his lips on mine.

"You did not screw it up. I didn't know you weren't out to your parents. Tyler, I'm sorry." Marty said softly.

"You don't have to apologize. I just want to hold you. I just want you to hold me. I just want you."

Marty stood up and took my hand and helped me up.

"Where are you going to stay?" Marty asked. I didn't look up at him.

"My aunts."

"Okay. Do you want to come back to my house for a little while? We could cuddle and watch Netflix." Marty suggested.

I laughed lightly and hugged him.

"That would be amazing."

————————————————————

When we walked in, Natalie came and greeted us.

"Hey Tyler! How are you?" She asked happily but it turned to a frown when she saw the tears on our faces. "What happened?"

I just looked towards Marty.

"I got mad at Tyler this morning and we sort of broke up but we sort of didn't."  He said.

"Why? What happened?"

"When he called his mom, he said we were just friends and that made me upset so I told him to get out. But what I didn't know, was that he wasn't out to his parents." Marty said. "But after he left, he came out to them for me."

"Is everything okay sweetie?" Natalie asked me.

"I'm going to live with my aunt now. My dad told me it was good I was leaving and my mom just sat there. I guess that shows how much they really care." I said quietly.

Natalie rushed forward and wrapped me in a hug.

"Your always welcome to stay here if you want, Okay?" She said.

"Thank you Natalie. That honestly means a lot to me." I said.

"You don't have to thank me. Y'all go upstairs and I'll make you two some popcorn. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks mom." Marty said. He took my hand and lead me upstairs to his room.

Once we got there, he shut the door behind him.

"What's wrong?" Marty turned and looked at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Marty rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Tyler I can tell when something's wrong. Tell me please."

"I'm fine. I promise." I said. Marty leaned forward and kissed me.

"Your lying."

"Marty, I'm fine. Let's just watch Netflix." I said. I crawled onto his bed and he laid next to me with his head on my chest.

————————————————————

It's 6:00 o'clock at night now.

"Marty I got to go—to my aunts." I said slowly. Marty looked up at me and smiled.

"Okay. I'll walk you out." We got off the bed and walked downstairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I leaned forward and kissed him softly.

"Okay. Text me when you get there." Marty hugged me.

"I will. Bye." I walked out and closed the door behind me.

I walked to my car and drove away.

————————————————————

I didn't go to my aunts. I don't have an aunt. I don't have anywhere to go.

Sure Natalie said I could stay with them but I don't want to intrude. And if Marty found out I didn't have an aunt, he would make me come live with them.

I stopped at the park and got out. I just wanted to walk around right now.

I left my stuff in my car and locked it.

I got to the track at the park and put my headphones in. I started running once my music started. I don't know why but running always helped with stress.

I must have been running for an hour or two when I decided to leave. It was already getting dark.

I walked back to my car but someone was leaning against it.

"Hey Marty. Why are you here?" I asked quietly.

"Don't give me that shit. You lied. You don't have an aunt to go live with." He said.

"Yeah I do." I lied.

"Really? Then why did your parents say that none of your family lives around here?" Marty asked angrily.

"Okay! I don't have an aunt to live with! Happy?" Marty's face changed when he saw my tears starting to fall.

He ran over to me as I collapsed into his arms.

"I don't have anyone. No ones going to be there for me." I started sobbing as Marty wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"You have me. You will always have me. I'm going to be there for you through the ups and downs. I'm going to be there for you no matter what." He said. I looked up at him and smiled slightly.

"Those sounded like wedding vows. Do you practice that a lot?" I asked. Marty chuckled.

"In front of the mirror everyday." Marty said. "When my mom said you could stay with us, she was serious. Your not living in your car. Your coming to live with me."

"Marty—I don't want to intrude."

"Tyler, your not intruding at all. I would love for you to come. My mom loves you. Please come." Marty said.

"Okay." Marty hugged me tightly.

"Let's go home then."