The Storm Hits

—TJ's POV—

I started walking out of the classroom as soon as the principal stopped talking.

"Mr. Kippen, where do you think your going?" The teacher asked sternly.

"I need to get to my boyfriends class."I said looking at the teacher.

"I get it that you may be worried but you need to get text book and follow instructions like everyone else." He said. I walked up to him.

"What I need to do, is get to my boyfriends class and make sure he isn't having a panic attack. So I'm going." I said. I started walking out the door.

"Tj you have detention for the next week." He said. I flipped him off as I walked out.

When I got in the hall, I started running to get to Cyrus's class room. I got to the end of the hall I was on and turned down Cyrus's.

I ran all the way to the classroom and burst in. I saw Tyler and the teacher standing next to Cyrus, who was crying and breathing heavily.

"Cyrus it's okay." Tyler said trying to calm him down. The teacher was trying to calm him down too but it wasn't working.

I walked over quickly.

"Move." I said to the teacher and Tyler. I wrapped Cyrus in a hug.

Cyrus buries his face in my shirt.

"Hey, it's going to be alright. Your going to be just fine. Okay?" I said. Cyrus was still crying. I started running his back reassuringly. "Don't worry. You'll be okay. Your going to be okay. I'm here."

"Are you s-sure?" Cyrus asked.

"I'm sure. I'll be here with you the entire time. Okay?" I asked. Cyrus nodded.

"You two need to get on the wall and put a textbook above your head." The teacher said. I nodded and I guided Cyrus over to the wall.

I wrapped my arm around Cyrus and put a book above our head. He moved and got right next to me.

"Don't worry Muffin. It's going to be just fine." We heard a big clap of thunder which made Cyrus cry a little harder.

I grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"It's going to be okay. I promise." I said. Cyrus nodded.

"I love you Tj." He said. "Just Incase I cant tell you again."

"Don't say that. We're going to be fine. I love you too muffin." I said. I heard the roar of the wind from outside and started getting worried.

"I can tell your worried Tj. You don't have to act tough for me. You know that." Cyrus said quietly.

"I know. I am worried but that doesn't mean anything is going to happen." I said. I hugged him against me and held him tightly.

I kissed the top of his head and leaned my head against his.

Just then, the window shattered and debris and papers and other things started flying. Cyrus whimpered and got closer to me.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you. I promise. I'll always protect you." I whispered in his ear.

Debris was scratching at our faces and I could see Cyrus had blood on his face from a few cuts. I moved myself in front of him and shielded him from everything.

"Tj what are you doing?" He asked worried.

"Your getting cut and I don't want you to get hurt." I said.

"Your getting cut too!" He exclaimed. He tried to pull me back beside him but I would move.

"I'm not moving Cyrus. I said I was going to protect you and that's what I'm going to do." I said.

I looked behind me and saw that there were trees up rooting and there were large branches flying everywhere from the forest next to the school.

"Kids, you all need to get out in the hall now!" The teacher screamed. Everyone stood up and ran out into the hall.

I got Cyrus up and pushed him towards the door.

"Tj come on!" He screamed from the doorway.

I stood up and started making my way toward the door.

Then a large tree crashed into the classroom.