Ruining It

—Tyler's POV—

I woke up snuggled against Marty. I nuzzled my head into his neck and kissed it gently.

"Good morning beautiful." Marty said.

I leaned up and kissed him.

"Good morning. I could get used to waking up to you every morning." I said. I sat up and laid my head on Marty's chest.

We had fallen asleep on the couch yesterday.

"Marty?" I asked.

"Yeah babe?"

"I love you." I wrapped my arms around his waist.

Marty giggled and kissed me.

"I love you too."

"I should probably call my mom to tell her I'm okay." I said.

Hey mom.

Tyler Brown! Why weren't you at home last night? I was worried sick!

I'm sorry. I stayed at a friends house. I'll be home later I promise.

Okay bye.

Bye.

Marty got up from couch quickly and walked away.

"Marty?" I followed him into the kitchen.

"Just leave."

I grabbed his hand and turned him towards me gently.

"Marty, what did I do?" I asked.

"Oh I don't know. I just thought we were closer than friends." He pulled his hand out of mine.

"Marty, my parents—." Marty cut me off.

"Just get out Tyler."

"Marty you don't understand." I said softly.

"Get out Tyler!" Marty exclaimed loudly.

"Okay." I turned around and walked out of the front door.

————————————————————

"Mom? Dad?" I called out. They walked into the living room.

My mom ran over and hugged me then smacked my head.

"You has us worried sick! You were supposed to be back yesterday! Who did you spend the night with?" My mom asked.

"First of all, ow. Second, I need to talk to y'all about that. Can we sit down?" I gestured towards the couch and they walked and sat down. "I said I was at my friend Marty's house and technically that's true. We were watching Tv and we both fell asleep. I'm sorry. But Marty's not my friend. He's my boyfriend."

My parents sat there and stared at me before finally speaking.

"Your what?" My dad asked quietly.

"My boyfriend."

"Tyler, your one of the stars on the basketball team! Now your going to ruin it because your gay!" My dad yelled.

"Dad there are more important things than basketball. He's more important." I said quietly.

"Your going to ruin everything you've worked for, and for what? A faggot?"

"I'm leaving." I stood from the couch and started walking away.

"Good. Leave! Go be with your faggot boyfriend." My dad yelled.

I went upstairs and packed a bag. When I came back down, my mom was still sitting in the couch.

"Mom?" She didn't even look up at me. "Great. Love you too."

I walked out and slammed the door. I didn't want to admit it but there were tears streaming down my cheeks.

I walked down the sidewalk with my bag to Cyrus's house.

————————————————————

I knocked on the door and a second later Tj answered.

"Ty? What happened?" He pulled me inside and sat me on the couch.

Cyrus came in the living room and came up to us.

"Ty, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Well, for starters, I just walked out of my home. I'm pretty sure I've lost Marty."

"What happened with Marty?" Tj asked.

"Earlier before I left his house, I called my mom to let her know I was okay. She asked me where I was and I said a friends house because my parents had no idea I was gay. Marty got mad and then told me to get out." I said. I had tears pouring down my cheeks.

"Wait what do you mean your parents had no idea? Is that why you left?" Cyrus asked.

"My dad told me I was ruining everything by being gay then when I said I was leaving he told me that he was glad. My mom just sat there and wouldn't say anything to me."

"That's horrible. You can stay here." Cyrus said. I shook my head.

"I'm not going to intrude. I have an aunt that lives a few miles from here. I can go to her house. She's known I was gay from the beginning." I said.

There was another knock at the front door. Cyrus stood up and answered it.

"Is He here?" Was all I heard before Buffy stormed into the living room. She looked at me and came towards me. "You! What did you do to him? He's outside crying and won't tell me what happened."

I had had enough. I stood up from the couch and met Buffy in the middle.

"I didn't do a damn thing to him! It's what I did do for him." Buffy crossed her arms.

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?"

"I just fucking came out for him! Now that place isn't my home anymore! So I'm so sorry for coming out and losing my home." I walked past her and looked and Cyrus and Tj. "Thanks for everything."

I walked out and slammed the door behind me.