Pinkie Promises

—Cyrus's POV—

We got to the hospital and they took Tj to a room. I looked at the number and texted my mom.

They had to take Tj for an X-ray so I stayed in the room while they did that. Once they came back, Tj explained what was broken.

His leg was broken, but luckily his rib was only bruised.

Once the nurses left, Tj scooted over in his bed and allowed me to sit next to him. 

He could tell I was worried.

"Muffin, I'm going to be okay. I feel fine." He moved his leg slightly. "Shit! Except for that."

"I hope your okay." I said. I laid my head on his shoulder.

Before the nurses had left, one of them said the doctor should be in here in the next few minutes.

I heard a knock on the door and in came a doctor.

"Hi, I'm the Doctor." He said cheerfully. "And your Tj?"

"Yes sir." Tj said. The Doctor looked at me.

"And you are?" He asked nicely. I could tell it was meant in a nice way instead of the usual rude way.

"I'm Cyrus. His boyfriend." I said. I shook the Doctors hand.

"Okay. It's nice to meet you two. Let's take a look at your leg." He said.

The Doctor came over and slid up TJ's pants legs. Tj yelled out.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry. It is a clean break so we need to get the bones aligned to they can heal normally. Then I'm going to put a cast on the leg and it should heal in a few months to maybe half a year." He said. "Are there any adults here with you?"

Just then my mom walked in.

"I'm here. I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier." She said. She shook hands with the Doctor and took a seat in the chair beside the bed.

"No worries. Are you his mother?" He asked.

"No I am not. His parents—." She stopped and looked over at Tj. The doctor looked at Tj confused.

"My parents kicked me out when they found out I was gay so I've been living with Cyrus and his mom." Tj said quietly.

"Okay. That may be a problem when checking him out but we should be able to sort it." The Doctor said.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I should've introduced myself. I'm Dian. Cyrus's mother." My Mom said. She shook the Doctors hand.

"Hello, I'm The Doctor." He said joyfully.

"Doctor who?" Mom asked.

He snapped his fingers.

"Exactly. Okay, Tj, I'm going to have to put your leg back in place. I'm not going to lie, it's going to hurt." Tj nodded. "Okay, Geronimo!"

He put his hands on TJ's leg. I gave Tj my hand so he could squeeze it if the pain was too much.

"Ready? On three. One." We heard a snap as TJ's leg went back into place.

"What the hell happened to two and three?" Tj said breathlessly. From how hard he was squeezing my hand, I could tell that it hurt.

"Two, three." The Doctor said. Tj looked at him with anger. "I'm sorry. It usually helps the patient when they don't know it's coming."

"It's fine. It just hurts a lot. So now a cast right?" Tj asked. The Doctor nodded happily. "Can I pick the color?"

"Of course!" The Doctor exclaimed happily.

"Do you have rainbow?" Tj asked.

"Yes we do!" The Doctor exclaimed.

"Can I have rainbow then?" Tj asked. The Doctor nodded.

"Okay. Let's take you to get your cast out on then you can come back here. We are going to give you some pain medication to ease the pain also." He said.

When I got off the bed, I looked down at TJ's arm. There were little cuts all down his arm. They looked new and they didn't look like the ones caused from the debris.

I need to ask him about that later.

————————————————————

When Tj got back into the room, he looked at me and then his cast then back to me. His expression was pure happiness.

The Doctor put the bed back where it needed to be, then walked out of the room to get the pain medicine.

"I've never seen anyone so happy to be in a cast." I said as I slid onto the bed next to Tj.

"It's rainbow!" He exclaimed. My mom and I laughed. "It's amazing."

"Yeah it is but I would rather see you without a cast." I said. I kissed him softly. "Hey mom?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Could you go get us some coffee?" I asked.

"Of course. Coffee sounds good." She said as she left. We had talked about me talking to Tj earlier.

"I need to talk to you." I said sternly.

"What's wrong?" Tj asked. I reached down and picked up his arm and rolled up his sleeve.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked quietly.

"Because I didn't want to worry you." He said.

"That's the same thing you said last time. Tj what's wrong?" I asked.

"Cyrus I don't want to worry you." He said softly. There were tears in his eyes.

"I'm going to be worried more if I don't know what's going on." I said. I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Okay. I'll tell you." He said.

"Thank you."

"I thought my depression was getting better. That was until it started getting worse. A lot worse. I did this to get rid of the pain. I know I shouldn't have done it. But I couldn't help it. I felt like I had too." He said. There were tears rolling down his cheeks now. "I'm s-sorry."

I reached up and wiped away the tears.

"You don't need to be sorry. I'm just worried about you. Whenever you need or want to talk about it, please come to me." I said. Tj nodded. "Do you promise, Tj?"

I held out my pinkie. He hooked his pinkie around mine.

"I promise." He said.

"If you break this promise, i get to break your pinkie." I said. He chuckled.

"I already have a broken leg. Isn't that enough?" That question brought back memories I didn't want to think about.

I looked away from him and blinked away the tears. He seemed to know what was happening.

"I'm sorry muffin. I shouldn't have worded it like that." He hugged me tightly. "I'm really sorry."

"It's fine, I just don't want to think about all those nights where— nevermind." I said.

"Cyrus. We need to talk about it sometime." Tj said. He held out his pinkie. "Pinkie promise me that we will talk about it sometime. Please."

I reached and hooked our pinkies.

"I promise Tj."

"I get to break your pinkie if you break the promise now too." He said. I laughed and leaned in and kissed him.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." I said.

"I missed you so much more." Tj said. I nudged him lightly.

"It's not a competition." We both giggled.

"I know. But I did." He said.

"Okay. Sure."

————————————————————

Heyyyy guysssss!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 14K READS!!!  YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!