T H I R T Y - O N E

"Evelyn?" Jimin said, his light brown hair peeking through from the front door. "What are you doing?"

Evelyn rubbed her hair and unconsciously placed a finger on her bottom lip, "Nothing, I was sleeping."

Her eyes flew to the cupboard by the TV, which to be where Taehyung hid as soon as they heard the door unlock.

That's correct, in a split second, Taehyung managed to get into a cupboard before Jimin entered the room.

Perhaps he retained some of his ghostly powers?

"Your..." Jimin trailed off, not finishing his sentence. He noticed Evelyn's state, lips swollen and hair messed up, her shirt collar slightly yanked to the side.

"Maybe knock next time?" Evelyn didn't know whether to laugh or cry. She was glad Jimin came to check on her, but walking in on her at a time like this...

"Yeah." Jimin nodded in agreement, slightly skeptical about what Evelyn was doing prior to him entering the room. "Oh, Jungkook said he wanted to talk to you sometime. When are you free?"

"Hm... I can talk with him tomorrow after school." Evelyn said after a moment of thought.  Her eyes flew to her phone on the couch and widened, suddenly remembering the text Hoseok sent her.

She scrambled over to her phone and unlocked it, trying to see what Taehyung sent.

Me: No, f*ck off. I have a boyfriend.
Read 9:21pm.

Evelyn smacked her hand on her forehead. "Kim Taehyung..." she muttered under her breath. Jimin luckily did not hear this, but the person in the cupboard sure did.

A cold chill went down his spine and he... sneezed.

Jimin jumped at the sudden noise, his eyes darting around the room to see what it was.

"A-choo!!" Evelyn quickly faked a sneeze, "I think I might be coming down with a cold or something." She gritted her teeth and swore that she would kill that little—

No violent thoughts. She cut herself off, No violent thoughts.

"Want me to get you some medicine?" Jimin automatically became concerned.

"I think I'll be fine. You should probably stay away from me so that I don't get you sick!" Evelyn replied, thinking fast.

"Alright then. I'll be in my room if you need me." Jimin nodded, making his way to the room at the left.

When she heard the door close, she let out a loud sigh of relief. Directing her attention back to her phone, she decided to send another text to Hoseok.

Me: Oh my god, I'm so sorry. My friend Luna took my phone and I have no idea why she sent you that.

"Sorry Luna," Evelyn murmured. "I need an excuse that is valid."

Hoseok: Well, if you can't, would she be interested in helping me?

Me: I'll ask her and text you back!

"Crap." Evelyn placed her phone face down on the table and flopped back onto the couch, mentally drained.

"Kim. Tae. Hyung." She sat back up, glaring at the cupboard as the man made his way out. "How could you send that to him? You do realize that he's your hyung, right?"

"Well, was anything I sent untrue?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow as he dusted off his shirt, "You obviously didn't want to do it."