N I N E

He was shaking.

If he had gotten there any later...

What could've happened broke his heart. He didn't want her to feel this way.

V sat on the bench, unable to keep calm. Memories of what happened earlier continuously flooded his mind, and he placed his head on his hands in frustration.

Evelyn walked out of the hospital room after the doctor made sure she was okay, and she saw V sitting on the bench.

"V," Her voice brought him back to reality, "Let's go—"

He dragged her down onto his lap and hugged her tightly. "Just let me hold you."

"V!" Evelyn blushed. "Other people will look at me weird—"

"You'll be invisible to them too, so don't worry." V smiled bitterly, "Just... I'm sorry."

"Why? It's okay." Evelyn sighed, "It was my fault. I was so selfish, I really should've thought more about you."

"You should've thought more about me?! You're kidding." V shook his head in disapproval. "If I hadn't been so childish... none of this would've happened."

Evelyn sighed. She didn't want to argue with him, but she really didn't want him to feel bad for something he couldn't control.

"I promise to never let this happen again." V stuck out his pinkie finger. "Pinkie promise?"

Evelyn giggled and linked her finger with his. "Okay."

"Alright, let's go." V nodded, satisfied and let Evelyn go. Taking her hand, he noticed purple bruises forming on her wrists and felt awful about this happening to her. He fell silent as he led Evelyn through the corridor.

That's when Evelyn noticed someone familiar. The girl had brushed right past her shoulder just for a split second, but she recognized her.

It was Myra, the girl Sehun had flirted with earlier that day. But why was she at the hospital?

Evelyn snapped her head around as Myra speed-walked past her. There was no mistake, her blonde locks were too easy to spot.

"You alright?" V asked, slightly concerned.

Evelyn nodded. "I just saw someone I knew. Let's get going now."

When she got back to her apartment, she immediately flopped down onto the couch. This day has been way too eventful for her liking.

She's always usually had a relatively normal routine, as even though she was an star, she doesn't have a lot of immature fans. Today has just been... crazy, to say the least.

V chuckled at her actions. "Okay, I'm gonna die soon, so go get your charger." He stuck out his tongue before turning back into phone form.

Evelyn smiled and reached for the charger on her bedside table, before plugging her phone in and watching it light up.

Let's see what tomorrow will bring, she thought; hopefully everything will go as planned...

...

Her eyes widened as she sat up in her bed. Evelyn glanced over at the clock beside her, and it said 10:45 AM.

She cursed and jumped out of bed. "Why the hell didn't my alarm go off?! The concert starts in less than forty minutes! I'm not gonna make it..."

She ran into the bathroom and got ready, her surprising multitasking skills paying off at this moment as she brushed her teeth, hair and got dressed at the same time.

Evelyn spat the toothpaste into the sink as she washed her face, muttering, "So much for having everything go as planned..."

She slipped on her converse as she grabbed her phone and ran out the door. 11:00 AM showed on her phone and she let out a sigh of relief. It's only a ten minute car ride from her apartment to where they were holding the concert, so she should be able to make it.

Evelyn's driver and car was already in the parking lot, waiting for her to show up. Evelyn opened the car door to the back seats and got in, buckling in as her driver started up the engine. "My alarm didn't go off... sorry if you waited for a long time—"

She turned to look at the man as she stopped talking mid-sentence.

He wasn't her driver.

...

"When's she gonna get here?" Jungkook pouted as his makeup artist covered his eyelids with dark eyeshadow that he's never used before, making him look up at her in confusion. "Ah... noona, isn't that a bit too dark?"

"Oh... sorry about that." The makeup artist apologized as she took makeup remover and removed the colour on his eyes.

"Sakura," Namjoon peered over at her from his seat. "Are you alright? You seem very distracted."

The girl seemed to not have heard him as she was still staring at the eyeshadow palette to figure out what colour to use on Jungkook.

"Sakura!" He said again, slightly raising his voice so she could hear him.

"Ah! Namjoon, don't shout like that, I can hear you fine—"

He sighed. "Are you okay? You seem so distracted today and first of all, you need to take care of yourself and second, Jungkook needs his makeup done. You shouldn't show up to work if you aren't ready to, well, work."

"I'm sorry..." she blinked her eyes as if she was about to cry, but no one noticed the glimpse of mischief in her eyes.

"No, no, it's alright, just... if you need to take a day off or anything, talk to our manager. I'm sure he'll be fine with it." Namjoon looked at her, feeling slightly guilty.

Sakura smiled forcefully as she shook her head. "No, I'll be fine."

"Have you guys seen Evelyn?" Jimin walked into the room, his hair and makeup already done and ready to go on stage.

"No... we thought she would've been here by now." Jungkook shook his head. "Could something have happened?"

At this moment, their manager opened the door and entered the dressing room, "Namjoon, I have to talk to you."

The latter stood up and followed their manager outside to talk with him.

He didn't like how the conversation turned out.

--------------------------------------------

A/N:

Thanks for reading~ This is probably one of the more boring chapters, but it plans a lot for future ones! <3

~lostkookiez