S E V E N T E E N

"And you are...?" Evelyn glanced up at the man, and she felt V's grip on her hand loosen.

"Hobi-hyung..." V mumbled, slightly shaking as he backed away from the figure.

He had to force himself not to turn back into a phone because he didn't want to leave Evelyn alone, but his emotions were getting out of control and he really didn't want to cry in front of her.

"I'm Hoseok." He raised an eyebrow, "You... don't know who I am?"

Evelyn shook her head, bewildered. "Are you a friend of my brother's?"

Hoseok laughed, slightly sarcastically, glancing to the side before looking directly into Evelyn's eyes.

V bit his bottom lip and stared down at his feet. He knew Hoseok wasn't able to see him, but he really wished he could. He wanted to hug the older one and tell him how much he's missed him, and how much he's missed the other members.

But he couldn't.

"I was a member of Bangtan Seoyeondan." Hoseok spoke, "I thought you'd know since Jimin's your brother."

Evelyn's eyes widened and she stumbled a few steps backwards. "Are you... Jung Hoseok?"

She's only heard of him, but never seen what he looks like or heard his voice since she had grown up with Sehun's family rather than Jimin's.

Hoseok nodded, casually leaning on the brick wall beside him. "Jimin hasn't told you about me?"

"He didn't seem like he was willing to talk about it, so I didn't ask too much." Evelyn shook her head. "But you. All your friends think you're dead! Why don't you meet up with them?"

Hoseok laughed, "I was planning on going to their concert tomorrow. Or I suppose today since it's early morning."

V clenched Evelyn's hand and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Let's go... it's getting late."

Evelyn nodded and look to Hoseok, "I should get going. See you around?"

"See you." He said with a slightly smirk and watched as Evelyn walked off.

He had the feeling something was off about her but he couldn't place a finger on what. It was like someone else was there but he couldn't see him.

The someone seemed really familiar, too.

...

"You're kidding... right?" Luna kept a smile on her face despite wanting to burst into tears.

She watched everything. Everything he did, from opening the car door for her and him kissing her on the lips. She glared at him angrily as the girl stared at her with wide eyes.

"Minhyuk... tell me this is a prank." She spoke again. "Who is she?"

This girl beside him looked shocked. She didn't seem any older than seventeen and judging by her reaction, she had no idea Minhyuk already had a girlfriend.

The man looked flustered as he dropped his steak and glanced over to Luna. "I didn't expect you to come find me, I thought you were at the concert—"

The sound of the back of Luna's hand making contact with his left cheek echoed loudly through the entire restaurant.

"You didn't expect me to find you?" Luna laughed. "So you're saying you expected me to keep dating you even if you're cheating?"

"Luna—"

"You know what?" She picked up the glass of wine from the table. "We're done. Have fun with... what's her name? She looks like an innocent one, don't ruin her."

She gently tilted the base of the wine glass and watched as the dark red liquid made it's way down the top of Minhyuk's head to the bottom of his hair strands, further down and seeping into his white dress shirt.

He looked down at his shirt and back up at Luna in disbelief. "You did not just do that."

"But I did." She forced a smirk onto her face, tears threatening to fall and dropped the wine glass, causing it to shatter into thousands of shards across the floor. "Oops, you should probably pay for that!"

Luna gave him a dirty look before dusting off her shirt and bringing her hair off her shoulders. She adjusted her purse and left the restaurant.

The girl stood up right away and glared at Minhyuk before storming off, leaving the man bewildered and — not to mention alone drenched in wine.

Kyungsoo charged into the restaurant, breezing right past his sister and banging the door open. He glared at Minhyuk when he found his table, grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. Anger was clearly showing through his pupils as his forehead wrinkled with his eyebrows furrowed together.

"You son of a b*tch."

He landed a punch on Minhyuk's right jaw and the younger one winced in pain.

Paparazzi stormed into the restaurant as soon as they saw Kyungsoo and multiple people began recording the situation on their phones.

Luna froze when she turned around to glance back at the restaurant and saw the amount of reporters and cameras. She ran back inside and was shocked to find her brother and her boyfriend — ex-boyfriend, caught in a physical fight.

"Kyungsoo!" She shouted and ran over to try and stop the fight from escalating, but there was no use. "KYUNGSOO! Stop it!"

A public figure like him isn't supposed to be caught in a fight, no, Kyungsoo's just not supposed to be here! Did he ditch the concert just so he could check on her?

When the news get leaked, he's going to lose so many fans for starting a fight and netizens will definitely start hating on him.

Luna panicked at the thought and tugged at her brother's shirt to stop him but landed on the floor from the force.

"Kyungsoo I'm sorry — I should've listened to you since the beginning — stop fighting please, I don't want to make this problem bigger than it needs to be —" Tears fell from her eyes like a waterfall as guilt ate her from the inside.

If his career ends because of something like this... how could she ever forgive herself? It was her stupidity that led to this, why should he have to step in?

Kyungsoo's fists were stopped by a strong kick. The black heel slipped slightly off of the woman's feet and she lightly scrunched her eyebrows together.

"Aish..."

———————————————————

A/N:

Any guesses on who stepped in their fight? XD thanks for reading~

~ lostkookiez