T W E N T Y - S I X

Ivy screeched, causing her assistant beside her to cringe hard and place her hands over her ears.

"What. Is. This?!" She yelled, her hair messy and pointed towards the letter on her desk. "BH Corp. took away their sponsor?! This can't—, call them right now and tell them to start it up again—or email, whatever you have to do to earn this sponsor back—"

"Mrs. Kang... I'd really love to get the sponsor back as well, but I was told that the son of BH Corp. himself decided to remove it." Lena replied, slightly shaking. Ivy was so scary like this, if she found out who had caused it...

"The son? Jung Hoseok?" Ivy widened her eyes, not believing what Lena had said. "What the hell did we do to him?! I don't even recall talking to him!"

Lena paused for a moment, debating whether or not it'd be okay to continue. "Mrs. Kang, you haven't, but apparently Ms. Kang has." After a few seconds, she finished her sentence. She left out the part where Valencia went to the police station.

Ivy froze. "Valencia?"

"I don't know what happened exactly, but Mr. Jung Hoseok sent an email saying that he met with Ms. Kang but wasn't pleased with her."

The woman standing by the table clenched her fists, her veins visible and her gaze was terrifying to look at.

She took a deep breath, "Tell her that she's not going to school today, and she's coming straight to my office."

After she left those words behind him, she gestured for the secretary to leave the room. Once Lena left, Ivy smashed her coffee cup onto the hardwood floor and cursed.

...

Evelyn couldn't shake the uneasiness off of herself.

Jimin had told her to just take the day off and not go to school, but she had the feeling something was going to happen today. Something that is related to her, to be exact.

She tugged at her ponytail to make it tighter as she adjusted the straps of her backpack. After eight hours of sleep, she definitely felt a lot better.

Then she heard squeals from girls in the distance.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my—"
"I'm dreaming? Am I? He—he looks so much like—"
"What would Bangtan think when they see him?!"

"Hm?" Evelyn made her way slowly over to the group of girls. "What's happening? What did I miss?"

"Evelyn! Do you remember Taehyung—V, who used to be in BTS, before, well..." the girl with pink hair begun but trailed off.

"Mhm," She nodded, curious and gestured for them to continue.

"There's a new transfer student who looks exactly like him." The girl continued. "We all know it's not him, but they look so much alike and we're pretty sure he doesn't have a twin brother or anything."

Evelyn couldn't cover up the surprise in her eyes. Is that where he went? He became a human?

But why didn't he tell her that he was capable of doing so?

"Oh my god—he's right there—" the pink haired girl stuttered, pointing into the distance with her eyes widened.

Evelyn followed her finger and, sure enough, Taehyung stood there. He was wearing ripped jeans, a t-shirt with a leather jacket thrown over it and white sneakers—let's be real, it's probably gucci—on his feet. He adjusted his sunglasses slightly and spotted Evelyn.

He had to admit, he was surprised seeing her. Why didn't she take the day off?!

Taehyung sighed as he walked over to Evelyn and took her hand. "Let's go, what are you just standing here for?"

A blush crawled up Evelyn's cheeks as she glanced back at the girls behind her, who were utterly shocked. "V—ah, Taehyung, stop it, I don't want rumours going around—"

"We're basically dating, aren't we?" Taehyung cocked an eyebrow and looked at her teasingly. He wouldn't have acted like this if she was still upset, but seeing as she was fine, why not tease her? "I mean, after everything we did—"

"Kim Taehyung!" Evelyn shouted, frustrated, "Shut up!"

"Who's Kim Taehyung?" Taehyung gave her a look that seemed to say 'Stop-calling-me-Taehyung-I'll-explain-after'. "My name is Tae, not Taehyung or V. I suppose our names are similar, but I'm not Taehyung." He glanced at the group of girls and said with a wink, "Let's hang out sometime!"

"Oh my god—"

With that, Taehyung dragged Evelyn towards and inside the building. The girl swung her hand out of his grip once they entered and sighed, "Taehyung—oh I'm sorry, Tae! Can you please explain to me what's going on?"

"Well, long story short, I was given a chance to become human." He side smiled and linked arms with her. "And I took it, so I'm here now."

"It was that simple?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow, not buying it. "No consequences? No requirements?"

Taehyung pauses for a moment before grinning. "Nope!"

That was a lie.

"Alright." Evelyn smiled. Taehyung's smile was contagious—one of those where a grin would automatically appear on your face, mimicking his expression. "Where's your first class?"

"Uh," he took out a crumpled piece of paper and looked down at it, "Math with Mrs. Jeon."

"Guess we have our first class together." Evelyn rolled her eyes teasingly before realizing something. "Wait. Mrs. Jeon is Jungkook's mom."

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah, and?"

"Don't you think she'd recognize you?!"

"It's fine, besides, I'm technically not Taehyung anymore. I won't have to worry about explaining to the BTS members, and I'll trust that Jungkook will keep the secret." He replied, "Besides, I'm assuming it's pretty hard to believe that a ghost became a phone and became a human."

Evelyn giggled. "You've got a point there."

"Alright," Taehyung gestured towards the stairs, "Let's go."

"How do you know where the classroom is?" Evelyn curiously asked.

"Remember?" He chuckled, "Your watch. It tracked your location and told me where Mrs. Jeon's class was. I won't get lost!"

Evelyn stuck her tongue out at him. "I'll never get over the fact that you basically stalked me. Ew, that's creepy."

"Come on now, that wasn't stalking!"

Their playful voices faded and echoed gradually as they went further and further up the stairs.

Everything was okay now, right?

Taehyung's human now, he'll stay beside Evelyn physically and protect her...

...but for how much longer?

————————————————

A/N:

Hope you guys liked it! And O.M.G I CAN'T BELIEVE THE #HIXTAPE IS FINALLY OUT.

Daydream is such a bop and I haven't listened to the rest of the tracks yet but I'M SURE THEY'RE ALL AMAZING.

Congrats Hobi!!

~ lostkookiez