T H I R T Y - S I X

"Sh*t." Taehyung muttered under his breath, "Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t."

He shuts his eyes for five minutes and she was gone. Evelyn seemed to have disappeared into thin air, leaving no trace behind her.

Did that Valencia kidnap her again? Despite the conversation looking like it had gone so well?

He shouted an inaudible sound loudly into the sky, trying to relieve himself of the frustration he was feeling. She wouldn't leave without him. Not just after she'd finally agreed to be his girlfriend.

Not just after he was so sure that she felt the same way about him.

As if the upper ones had heard his shout, Evelyn appeared on the far side of the field. Her eyes were red and puffy as she slowly made her way towards him.

He immediately ran over to her and took her into his embrace, distress lacing his voice. "Where did you go?! I don't know what I would do without you!"

"Calm down." Evelyn forced a smile onto her face, "I just went for a short jog. I didn't realize my allergies were so bad that I would start crying!"

A lie.

"Well, I was worried." Taehyung's deep voice was soft and gentle. His breath tickled her earlobe and a light pink blush began to spread across her cheeks.

"Can we skip school today?" Evelyn said after s short moment of silence. "I'm not feeling too well."

Taehyung nodded right-away. Despite knowing that she was probably perfectly fine, if it's what she wanted to do, he'd comply with no questions. "I'll just call the office. Let's go home."

He took her hand and walked off campus, their steps in sync. The breeze blew Evelyn's hair slightly off of her shoulders. The cherry blossoms that landed on her hair made her look gorgeous.

Taehyung couldn't seem to be able to take his eyes off of her. The aura she had when he was beside her was a pleasant and soothing one. It wasn't something that everyone had.

"We're here."

After a short walk, Evelyn found herself in front of a mansion. It was one of those rich people houses you'd see in the movies. They walked up a spiral staircase that lead to the front door.

"How did you afford all this?" Evelyn was really surprised. As someone who just became human, where and how did he get all the money to buy this?

"I don't know if I've ever told you, but when I became human, the quote and quote gods made sure everything was ready for me. They had a house and all the identity papers so I'd fit in with the real humans." Taehyung said with a grin, "So you don't have to worry about me."

He unlocked the front door and led Evelyn inside to sit on one of the couches in the living room. "Wanna watch a movie? You can pick one."

"Sure." Evelyn nodded. Taehyung went to the kitchen to make popcorn as she flipped through the DVDs. She found the live-action of her favourite childhood movie on the shelf, took it out from the case and placed it in the DVD player.

It was Beauty and the Beast.

By this time, the popcorn had finished popping in the microwave and the whole house was filled with the sweet aroma of butter and popcorn.

Taehyung walked into the living room and placed the bowl of popcorn on the table, sitting down beside Evelyn. "Beauty and the Beast?" He smiles, "Seems like a movie you'd like."

Evelyn grinned while nodding, throwing some popcorn into her mouth as the movie started. "The actors are great at what they do. You know, my goal is to earn the title of Best Actress of the Year."

"You'll be able to do it." Taehyung turned to look at Evelyn, his eyes overflowing with sincerity. "I know you can. And I'll be there to watch you."

Hearing this, Evelyn fell silent and turned her attention back to the movie. Taehyung turned her towards him, obviously not satisfied with silence as a response.

He lifted her chin and placed his lips on hers. Evelyn was surprised, but closed her eyes and kissed him back. V lightly bit her lip as she gasped and let out a quiet whimper. The muffled sounds escaping her lips only made Taehyung crave for more.

His hands slightly lifted her shirt, before stopping on her stomach. "Do you... want to do this?" His voice was husky, filled with lust.

"I..." Evelyn hesitated a little before nodding. "I do. I'm ready."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah... it's gonna be the last time anyways, so why not?" Evelyn smiled bitterly and he stopped.

"What do you mean... the last time?" His deep brown eyes were filled with confusion. Evelyn felt herself nearly getting lost in those eyes.

She took a deep breath before speaking, "I'm not going to let you use your spirit anymore."

The look of shock spreads across his face. "You found out?"

Evelyn nodded. "I remember now. I remember how you saved me back then, and I know the consequences that come with you being human. I'm not going to let you face those consequences."

"Evelyn..." His eyes filled with tears. "But I'm doing this willingly! We can have a happy life together, and I don't want to leave you! Staying with you is worth more than anything to me, Evelyn..."

"I've already made up my mind, Tae." She shook her head and looked at him with determination. "Just... promise we'll be together in our next lives?"

She stuck out her pinkie finger. "Pinkie promise?"

Taehyung chuckled as his tears fell down his cheeks and kissed her, his pinkie linking with hers. "Of course." He knew that once she makes up her mind, there's no going back.

It pained him to have to leave her, to leave this dimension, but he knew it was for the best.

Taehyung carried Evelyn bridal style into the bedroom and placed her on the bed.

Not all stories have a happy ending.

That night, she felt happy. Even though it was something that was meant to be a goodbye, she knew it was only the start of their love story.

But doesn't the end, just signify the beginning of a new story?

THE END.

——————————————————

A/N:

I hope you liked this chapter!

There will be a short epilogue after this chapter, it'll be posted shortly after ^^

I'll also be saying some words in the final author's note, so please come back to read it!

~ lostkookiez