T W E L V E

"You let her escape?!" Valencia shouted, her anger clearly visible in her eyes.

Evelyn had been the most important part of her plan, and having lost the chance of taking her made Valencia very angry.

"Miss Kang... I'm so sorry... when I looked back she was already gone... I—"

A red hand mark appeared on his face as his eyes widened in shock. This man was the fake driver that attempted to kidnap Evelyn earlier that day, but if she saw him in this situation she'd probably question if they were even the same person.

After all, when he was with Evelyn, he was tough. Now he's kneeling on the floor in front of Valencia as she had just slapped him.

"Mom?" Valencia talked into her phone, her tone dripping with tease and mock as she peered at the man on the floor. "I need you to fire someone."

Her words made his head snap around, his eyes reflecting the fear he was feeling. "No, no, no, no, please, Valencia, I have a family too, if you fire me what would I do?"

He knew well what happened to the people who got fired from their household.

The people would never be able to find a job in South Korea again, because that's how crazy large of an impact her mom, Ivy's company had in the country.

"Valencia, sweetheart," Ivy answered as Valencia put the call on speaker for him to hear. "You know I'm busy right now, there's been some business issues. If there's anyone you find bugging you I give you permission to dispose of them on your own."

Valencia laughed. "Alright, love you mom!"

And with that, she ended the call. Valencia glared down at the man on the floor with a slight smirk on her face. "Leave."

"Valencia I—"

She slapped him again, "Don't call me by my first name!" She let it go once already, and she's not letting it go again. "It's not for someone like you to call."

"I—I—Miss Kang, please—"

Valencia sighed. Why wasn't he getting the hint? He failed his one job, therefore he needs to be fired. Why keep someone useless in this household?

"Security!" She shouted, and a large group of men in tuxedos surrounded her. "Throw him out."

"Yes, Miss Kang." They all bowed to her as they made a path for her to leave the room.

Soon after, they picked the man up off from the floor like he weighed nothing.

"Don't—Miss Kang! I can be useful! I promise—" He felt his body get launched into the air as he sucked in a breath.

They were literally throwing him out.

...

"You guys were great!" Evelyn smiled, running over and giving the boys a group hug.

A blush made it's way up onto Yoongi's cheeks as he chuckled. It for sure wasn't the best concert they've ever had, but with Evelyn's cheerful personality, the group's mood seemed to be brightened as well.

Well, all except for Namjoon. He had a smile on his face, but anyone with the least bit of attentiveness would be able to see how upset he really was.

"Namjoon... are you alright?" Evelyn looked at him in concern.

The man nodded, pushing another grin onto his face. He didn't want to worry Evelyn and the members, but at the same time, it really hurt him deep down.

They said time could heal wounds, and it did.

But the pain that came with the wound stayed.

"How 'bout we go celebrate?" Jin said in attempts of making the leader happier. "Maybe like a restaurant? Please?"

"Sure thing," Namjoon nodded in agreement. He needed something to distract him anyways.

Within minutes of the concert, all large websites had new articles posted.

BTS' Leader Kim Namjoon breaks down on stage

ARMYs are tearing up hearing Rap Monster's performance of <네시>

"Jimin..?" Evelyn looked over at her brother and whispered, skimming over the article.

The latter sighed. "It's understandable. This song hasn't been touched since... a long time ago, so the media is obviously surprised with our decision to sing it."

"Ah... I see." Evelyn nodded understandingly. "Let's get going!"

She wasn't a stupid person. Evelyn could hear the unwillingness to talk about the subject in her brother's voice while he was explaining to her, and if he didn't want to talk about it, she obviously wasn't going to force him.

...

Kyungsoo walked backstage, sitting in front of the mirror as the makeup artist touched up his face.

"Still thinking about that sister of yours?" Sehun glanced over at him as his hair stylist made sure that every strand of hair was perfect.

Kyungsoo glared at him. "How would you feel if Evelyn got a boyfriend without telling you and wanting to keep it a secret?"

The maknae chuckled, returning his gaze to his reflection in the mirror as he spoke.

"Not all brothers are like you, Kyungsoo. I'm fine with her dating as long as she's happy and being treated nicely. My hair's done, right?" With a nod from his stylist, Sehun walked back to the stage.

Kyungsoo stood up after the makeup artist said his makeup was done. He made his way to the entrance to the stage as he placed his earpieces back in, getting ready for the next performance.

"Gosh..." he sighed as he got on stage with the rest of the members, the intro to Lucky One began playing.

Luna's gaze danced from member to member, until she spotted someone in the audience to the left of the stage that looked... strangely familiar.

"Where have I seen him before...?" She muttered, her eyes landing on the man's face.

He was wearing a baseball cap, and large sunglasses despite being indoors. A face mask covered the bottom half of his face as well, but she could tell he was smiling.

Luna tilted her head a little, returning her gaze to the members on stage as she realized staring at someone wasn't the most polite thing to do.

A few seconds after she removed her gaze from the man, her eyes widened.

Of course she knew who he was.

But why was he here?

——————————————————

A/N:

Thanks for reading! This is a bit of a later update but... hope you enjoyed nonetheless :P

~ lostkookiez