Chapter Eighteen

Kiss Me, Jungkook:

Misconceptions

"Yeah, I understand." 

It was early in the morning and my mom has been in the phone for a long time that I woke up. I heard a knock on the door just a few moments when I woke up. The door opened and my mom appeared with her phone in her hand.

"What is it?" I said.

"We need to go back to China." 

"What? Why? So suddenly?"

"Your grandmother got sick and it's very fatal." 

My heart fell, now my grandmother is affected too? This is all my fault, this wouldn't happen if it wasn't for me.

"Pack up, I'll get the tickets." She sighed and left me sitting there. Thinking about what on earth is happening to us right now, how could this happen in just a short amount of time. 

Was this a sign?

...

"China!?"

I went to Kimsu's house before I could leave because my mom was already planning to buy the tickets and I don't know when I'll leave. It was better coming to her early than not being able to say good bye to her before I leave, since I didn't know when I'll be back too.

"Are you leaving now?" 

"I don't know my mom just told me to pack my things but she said she's going to buy the tickets now." I stared at the floor in her room and sighed.

"It's going to be okay, Sora." She hugged me. 

For the 4 years of being friends this is the first time we hugged so seriously and she was the one who understands me when nobody else would. I owe everything to Kimsu for keeping my secret for such a long time.

We wouldn't leave if I didn't have this curse. This is all my fault.

...

I went back to the store and thought about what I was going to say to Jungkook if I see him before I leave and I thought of leaving without saying goodbye as an option but that would be too harsh but then again, I can't just suddenly tell him I'll be gone for awhile without knowing when I 'll come back.

Ding! new message: joon 9:21 am

joon:
hi my sora

joon:
goodmorning

joon:
can you continue reading the book for me? pls???

you:
i can't im busy today

you:
actually i have something to say to you

joon:
what is it?

joon:
is it urgent?

you:
it is

...

"What are we doing here?"