Chapter Seven

Kiss Me, Jungkook:

My First Monday Without You

I sometimes asked why there was a day called Monday and why I despised it so much. Now that Jungkook is away, I'll have to endure a day without him. Jungkook once told me he was taekwondo player but because of my uninterested attitude towards sports, I did not give too much attention to what he had said until now. He is going to be gone for a week and I think I should have paid attention to him when I had the chance.

Ding! New message: joon

joon:

good morning! :D

im off to practice in a minute

r u up?

you:

this early? why though?

joon:

we practice usually around this time when we have a competition

you:

did you guys arrived on time?

joon:

we arrived about midnight

actually im a little sleepy hehe

but i then i have a competition tonight so gotta blast!

you:

good luck :)

joon:

:)

. . .

"I haven't seen you so gloomy before. What happened now? Is Joon sick?" Kimsu was referring to my cactus Joon but all I could think of was Jungkook. School was slow that day, I didn't even listen to my class but I had the nerve to complain the whole time. I was about to lay on my bed that afternoon while I was walking to the store but my mom pulled me inside the store before I could open the door.

There were a lot of customers inside the store and my mom needed some help. I wore my apron and covered the counter for those customers in line while my mom cooked the pies. Why do they even like pies and nuts?

"Mom what's up? Why are there so many people?"

"Mr. Wang brought his friends here and they love our pies!" My mom happily served the hot steaming pies on their tables and gave them fresh smiles.

"Who?" She pointed at the man sitting at the far end table of the store, reading a book with a plate of pie on his side and a hot coffee.

Oh, wallet guy. Wait what!? I was about to run off to my room but my Mom cuts my way and blocks me from the direction where my room is.

"Watch over the counter while I serve." Mom gave me a wink as she pushed me back to the counter.

"But mom–"

It was so awkward having the guy who asked you out to dinner sitting in front of you. Though it was a good thing that Mr. Wang brought some friends here in the store to buy our food but that doesn't mean I should thank him, I don't even know him and why should I thank him? I didn't tell him to come here anyways.

Ding! New message: joon

joon:

im done with practice

what r u doing?

you:

watching over the store