Chapter 4: A Pony?

It has been a week since I moved. I started meeting with my therapist on Wednesday and started AA on Thursday. I've been in AA for a little over a year. I started going after a party. I got alcohol poisoning and had to go to the hospital. Amanda instead of grounding me took me to her AA meetings and had me start. I was against it at first but honestly it had helped me a lot but I guess not enough.

It's now Saturday and I've just been sitting around the house. Darren took Carly to one of her friend's birthday party so I was alone in the house. I had a doctors appointment earlier today to get the stitches out of my arm. The cuts were already almost healed and some stitches were ripped and fallen out. I still had to take antibiotics to keep them from getting infected.

I was laying on the sofa watching old chick flicks in my matching light pink satin tank top and shorts when the doorbell goes off.

"Finally my Thai food." I said happily to myself. I practically ran to the door just to be disappointed when I opened the door.

Standing in the other side of the door was Haley, Jett, and Jax. I groaned and shut the door on them. Not happy that it wasn't my food.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.

The doorbell started going off over and over again. I begrudgingly opened the door and let them in. Just realizing that I was in a tank top I quickly grab a light sweater off the coat rack and put it on. Even though I got the stuff he's out there was still giant almost healed cuts across my arm.

"What was that about?" Haley asked referring to the shutting the door on them.

"You weren't my Thai food." I shrugged.

"Seriously?" Haley laughed.

"You're something else Brooke." Jett said laughing lightly.

Ding

The doorbell went off again and this time I was for sure it was my Thai food.

"Yes!" I called out and ran to the door again. I opened the door and this time there was a Thai food delivery guy with a small paper bag in his arms. I quickly paid the guy and grabbed my food bringing it inside.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked them.

"Band practice." Haley said cheerfully.

"You guys were serious about it that?" I asked.

"Yup." She said said popping the p.
...................

After awhile of us discussing songs, singing, and goofing around we eventually decided that we were gonna go next door to Jett's were he has all the instruments.

"Hey I'm gonna meet you guys over there in a little bit. I'm gonna change." I said and ran up my stairs to change.

I changed into maroon high waisted jean shorts and a black long sleeve cropped hoodie. As I was putting on my black vans my phone rang.

I didn't recognize the number but I answered it anyway.

"Brooke?"  A girl with a familiar voice asked.

"Yes who is this?"

"Omg Brooke it's you. I've been trying to get a hold of you for weeks. Fresh we thought you died. You weren't answering any of our calls so I used my cousins phone." I was shocked. My voice gone. I was frozen in place. It was Jessica. My 'best friend' from New York.  I didn't know what to say or do.

"B, you there?"

"Hellooo?"

"Brooke answer me." She persisted.