Chapter 1: California

"Brooke it's time to go!" My foster mom called from down stairs. "We're going to miss your plane!"

I took a look around my room. I packed almost everything. My cheerleading uniform laying on my bed. I just stared at it. All the pain that I caused people wearing that. I hated it. If I was going to have a fresh start that thing wasn't coming with me. I walked out of my room with it still laying on my bed and made my way downstairs with my bag in hand.

"Come on lets get in the car." Amanda said once she saw me. She grabbed her keys off the hook and walked outside. I followed her to the car and sat in the front seat.

After I got out of the hospital her and I talked about everything and decided a new school is what I needed. I needed a fresh start away from everything. I needed to change and this was the only way i knew i could. It was my senior year and changing schools. That was the most difficult part of this move. I needed to leave. I want to change and I want to get better and I know I couldn't do that here.

All you could here as we drove was the quiet voice of John Legend singing 'All Of Me'.

"Brooke?" Amanda spoke as we got to the airport.

"Yeah?"

"I just want you to know how much I love you. You may not be my biological daughter but I love you as if you were. I know how much you've gone through. You're a strong girl. I know you can excel there. Daren and his daughter will be there for you."

"I love you too." I said as I hugged her.

"Here's your ticket. I'll see you on Christmas." She handed me my ticket and kissed my forehead.

An hour later I'm on the plane to LA. I'm not much of a reader so I have my headphones in listening to music. I'm sitting by the window looking out at the clouds. The view is absolutely gorgeous. The clouds looked amazing from up here.

I wonder what it's going to be like in California? Am I really going to change? What if nothing changes? What if i'm still the same person with all the same issues? What if it's worse? I don't want it to be worse. I don't think I could handle it if it was worse.

A few hours later I arrived in LA. I took a taxi to Daren's house in a small town about an hour outside LA. As I was getting out of the taxi a little girl came running out of the house and hugged me.

"Brookey!" Carly screamed. Carly was Daren's 6 year old daughter.

"Hey Carly." I said as I bent down and picked her up.

"Hey Brooke." Daren said as he fast walked to catch up with this crazy daughter.

"Hey." With Carly in one arm I hugged Daren with the other. "Thank you for letting me stay here."

"No problem. You're family." He smiled. "Let me get your stuff." He grabbed my suitcase from the trunk and carried it in the house. Their house was huge. Not mansion size but pretty dang close. The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a family room, a huge kitchen, an office, and a dining room.

"Carly will you show Brooke her room?" Daren asked Carly.

"Come on!" Carly yelled and grabbed my arm and pulled me upstairs.

"This is my room." She pointed to the first room. There were 3 rooms upstairs. She ignored the first two room and pulled me to the room at the end of the hall.

"This is yours. It's the coolest room in the house!" She said excitedly and opened the door and dragged me inside . The room was huge. Somebody had already decorated it. I walked around looking at all the decorations and things that were already put up. There was a picture of my foster mom Amanda, Daren, Carly and I on the nightstand, it was from Christmas. There was a picture of my parents next to it. I wandered around and opened the closet, it already had a bunch of clothes in it.