Chapter 12: Chip

After breakfast I went back home and I told Amanda everything that had happened with Daniel. She was surprised but happy that I had met him.

After that I was on the phone with Jax and we decided that we were going to finish our study session at his house.

Currently it was 4:38pm and both Jax and I were tired of studying but we continued anyways.

I should probably start paying better attention in class because I knew like nothing from this book. Jax on the other hand had the best grade in the class.

"I neeeeeeed coffee." I said letting my head hit the table.

"You have an addiction to coffee." Jax said rolling his eyes at me.

"Coffee fuels me and currently I'm on empty."

"Fine we'll make some coffee and then we get back to work."

"Thank you!" I said and jumped up and walked towards his kitchen. He followed me.

As the coffee brewed I sat on the counter next to the coffee and he sat on the counter on the other side of the kitchen.

"You know what would be great with this cup of coffee?" I said smiling slyly.

"And what would that be?"

"Giving up on studying, eating lots of junk food and binge watching Gilmore Girls until we throw up or fall asleep." I said while doing the puppy dog begging face at him.

"Fine but if you fail that test it's your fault."

"Yes!" I said jumping off the counter and hugging him.

A few minutes later we had moved out to his living room. We had candy and popcorn already on the table and we had ordered some pizza.

We turned on season 1 of Gilmore Girls and sat next to each other on the couch. After awhile I laid my head onto his lap and laid down across the couch.

"I want someone to love me like Luke loves Lorelei." I said.

"And you will." Jax said.

"How can you be sure? I could end up alone with 50 cats."

"Why cats? They're so vile and mean. I got attacked by a cat once and let me tell you I'm never getting one of those creatures. Dogs on the other hand are the cutest little things." He said.

"Omg Jax can we go buy a puppy?"I said sitting up quickly from the couch.

"What?" He asked surprised.

"Let's go!" I got up from the couch, slipped on my shoes, and grabbed my car keys.

"Wait you're being serious?" Jax said kinda laughing but surprised.

"Yes let's gooo!" I said and he got up.

Once we were in the car we realized we should probably look up where to get a puppy at 6:30 at night.

"The animal shelter is open until 7. We have to hurry it's 6:30." Jax said after he looked up there hours on his phone.

"Okay."

We arrived at the human society 20 minutes before they closed. I had 20 minutes to pick out  my puppy.

I looked around at all the dogs they had and there the dog was. The second I saw it I fell in love. There was a yellow lab, probably not that old. It seemed young. As I walked by it's kennel it licked my hand.