Chapter 21: Friends

It had been 2 weeks since I woke up in the hospital. I was going home today. Luke hadn't left but once these past two weeks. He showered, ate, and slept here. I didn't know why.

These past two weeks I've been apologizing to everyone. I feel so bad about what I did. I became the same person that I was. Why did I always become that person.

Since lately all I've done is hurt Amanda. I have something I was planning to give to her on her birthday but I wasn't in the greatest state. It's what I sent Luke to go get a week ago.

Everybody was in my hospital room and it was the perfect opportunity.

"Amanda I have something for you." I said and she came over to me.

"Honey." She said grabbing my hand. I took the envelope out of the drawer that was next to my hospital bed.

"I um I want you to sign this." I said and handed her the envelope.

"Sign what?" She asked confused while she opened the paper. she started reading it and gasped.

"I know that I'm going to be struggling with addiction and depression for the rest of my life but it would be so much easier if I had a mom. Will you adopt me?" I asked as she held the adoption papers in her hand. She started crying.

"Oh my god Brooke. Of coarse." She said as she hugged me.
..............
I had been home a week and we finally got all the adoption paper worked out and approved I was officially adopted.

We were celebrating. We had a small get together at the house. Daniel's whole family was here, Jett, Felicity, Haley, even Luke who lately has always been here.

I wasn't going to school yet. I didn't even really leave the house all that often. My body still hadn't fully recovered.

The first week was painful. The worst experience of my life. Last time I withdrew from drugs I was unconscious for days well because of the whole suicide attempt thing.

Luke was there with me the whole time. Every time I screamed at him or cried he was there. He never left.

Luke and Jax had seemed to become friends too.

Everyday  Luke would come to my house after he got back from school just to check on me so did Jax.

Both of them were like these overprotective watchdogs. I hated it but I understood why.

Most nights Jax stayed the night other's Luke did.

"So what's going on with you and Luke?" Haley asked as we were sitting on the couch.

"Nothing we're just friends." I said.

"Sure that's it." She said with a slight smile.

"Nothing I swear." I said and she just shook her and laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"He's so obviously in love with you." She said.

"No he's not." I said. He's not. We're friends.

"Okay." She said putting her hands up.

"How would you even know?"

"Because I know that look he gives you it's the same way I look at.... nevermind." She said. I knew who she was talking about.

"Felicity." I said. She looked at me shocked.

"Wha-uh-How?" She stuttered.

"I saw you guys together like 6 months ago. I didn't say anything because it didn't change my opinion of you and I knew you would tell me when you wanted me to know." I said. She hugged me.