Chapter 13

Veronica POV

I saw Steve standing on the bridge immersed in thoughts. I made my way towards him.

"You're worried your gonna face him again." I asked. "I'm worried if I cannot stop him" he said.

"Then don't." I said. He looked at me wanting me to say more. "If you still believe that your Bucky is in there, then don't stop. He'll get back to you" I said.

"What if I can never get him back?" He asked. "Then you try again" I said. He sighed.  His focus fell on my hand. Did I forget to mention? With the act of the winter soldier squeezing my hand, I had a big bruise.

Steve took my hand to have a clear shot. "If you get him, tell him that it hurt pretty bad" I said smiling.

"I'll add to the list" he said. 'Looks like your list is becoming long" I said. He humped his shoulders."Are you okay with everything about you coming out?" He asked.

"Truth can never be hidden, nor it stays hidden. It always comes out" I said. "You know what, I don't think they would revoke them" he said referring to my degrees.

"What make you say that?" I asked. "Because the world need both. It needs Dr. Booth and Blue" he said with a tint of smile.

"You do know that you charm others with words, right?" I asked laughing. "Well that's my first complement" he said.

"You sure you don't want me on those ships?" I asked. "I'm sure Sam cannot carry both of us from those ships, if they are flying" he said.

"Gear up. We have to go" he said making his way. "Your coming in that?" I asked. "No...I have to borrow it" he said walking further.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was not going to fight, but still Maria put me in a cat suit. Again tights. Again uncomfortable. The plan was Steve and Sam would place those chips.  Me and maria would engage them. Nat would go undercover as a Council women to take down SHIELD.

We broke into the building and entered the tech room. Once we landed a tech guy opened the room. Me and Maria pointed our guns at him.

"Excuse us" Steve said when the guy held up his hands and gave us way. We made our way out yo the announcement room.  Maria switched on the mic and Steve spoke up.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down.  But I think its time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want, absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and its a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not" Steve finished.

I looked at him wide eyed. How did he do that speech? "Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked with the same reaction as mine.

"Those were my words of charm" he said smiling at me.  I smirked at him. "Finish this mission as fast as you could. I have something for you" I said to Steve. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Sam, let's go" he said pulling him out hurriedly. "Hey man, wait..."Sam shouted. Me and Maria laughed.

I put out our laptop out only to find them initiating the launch. "They're initiating launch" Maria said through her com.

"So, you and Cap?" She asked. "Me and Cap what?" I asked innocently. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I am going to kill Nat" I said. "Nice. You both" she said. "Maria, not the right time" I wispered."Yep!...definitely not the right time" Sam shouted.

"Falcon, status?" I asked. "Engaging" he replied. "Cap, you have eight minutes" I said. "Working on it." He replied. After a few seconds he spoke up.

"Alpha lock" we got one helicarrier. "Falcon, where are you?" Maria asked. "I had to detour" he said and we could hear the gushing of wind as he was flying.

"Bravo locked" he said . We goth another one. "Two down, one to go" I said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They still didn't get the third one."Charlie Carrier's forty five degrees off the port bow" Maria said. I notice two agents breaking in. I shoot at them killing them instantly.

"Guys, six minutes. Better hurry up" I said. We heard nothing but only noises. "Cap, come in. Are you okay?" Sam shouts. "Steve?" I asked worried.

"Yeah, I'm here! I'm on the Hellicarrier" he said. I sighed in relief. "Sam.Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm grounded, the suits down. Sorry Cap" Sam said. "Don't worry, I got it" Steve reassured. You better get it.

I see Rumlow heading up towards the Council. "Sam?" I asked. "Yeah" he responded.

"Rumlow's headed going for the Council" Maria added. "I'm on it." He said. My phone beeps and I see it.

"And its trending..." I said. "We better finish this" I said. "Steve! You have a minute" I said.

I heard bullets fired. "Steve?" I asked in panic. "Charlie......" and again there were bullets firing. "Steve are you there?" I asked worried.

"Charlie's locked" he breathed. We found all the three Helicarriers linked. "Cap, out of there now" Maria said.

"No, fire now" he commanded. "No..no Steve get out from there now! Please!" I said. He could die there.

"Ronnie!....I'll come back. I promise" he said. I fell back on the chair worried when Maria engaged the Helicarriers. All three stated attacking on another.

"You better be out from there" I said softly worried about him.

Read. Vote. Comment.