What's bothering?

The party ended and Shikas were standind near the exit greeting everyone as they departed. It looked as if a family function has just ended and the newly married couple is greeting everyone as their exit. As they all departed, Vikas held his arm tightly against her waist and whispered near her ear.. "To party hit thi??" She smiled and said, "Hit nhi super hit thi!!" As her tone turned from happy to a little worried, she continued, "Magar media ne kuchh record kiya hoga to??" He assured her, "Aap bhi na! Kyu itni tension leti ho?? Trust me.. Main keh rha hu na ki unhone kuchh record nhi kiya hai!!" He assured her as he kept his arm protectively around her shoulders. He said, "Chaliye aapko farmhouse dikhata hu!" They both headed in, but little did they know, that a pair of eyes was following them.. Surveillancing each and every gesture of them.

He started showing her around the house and then they entered his bedroom. Shilpa was really impressed by the cleanliness there. She examined and as she came across his wardrobe, she said, "Arey! Aapka closet to almost khali hai!" He hugged her from the back and said, "Abhi taiyaari shuru kardi hai maine! Ab kal ko bhi to aapke kapdo k liye jagaah banani hai, maine socha abhi se practice kar lu!!" She said, "Achha ji!? To aapko lagta hai ki main aapke closet pe kabzaa karne wali hu?" He chuckled and said, "Kabzaa nhi.. Tumhara to haq hai.. I love you Shilpu!!" Saying so he placed a soft and sweet kiss on the back of her neck. She moaned "I love you too!"

*Knock knock*
They were still in their own world, when someone knocked the door. Shilpa said slowly, "Vikasji, koi door knock kar rha hai!" He said, "Haa ek minute!" He opened his eyes and turned around to face the door and to his surprise, the door was already open and there was someone, whom he was least expecting to see. It was Ekta, his best and the oldest friend. She had a stern look on her face, gave a false and cold cough and said, "Ehm ehm... If I'm disturbing you in the middle of something important, then I might come back later!" She backed off to leave, just as Vikas spoke up, "No! Ekta, it's fine...." There prevailed an awkward silence, in which Ekta gave a deadly glare to him, which scared him. She stared at him with such an intensity that Vikas felt hidding himself from her eyes. He looked everywhere except towards her. He finally broke the silence, "So... What brought you here??" Ekta rose her eyebrows, curled her lip and said, "Well, I must say that I'd expected a better greeting from my friend, but I can understand if you are a bit pre occupied at the moment!" Vikas looked at Shilpa. She was finding the entire scenario very confusing. She thought why were two best friends, whose tales of friendship were always the talk of the town, behaving so wierd? Vikas sensed her dilemma and tried to gulp down the awkwardness and said, "Oh come on Ekta.. Tum bhi meri taang khichne lagi?? Chalo chhodo, let me introduce you.. Shilpa, she is Ekta, my best friend aur Ekta, You know her.. Right?? The Shilpa Shinde!!" Vikas gave a fake laugh. Shilpa giggled at this, held out her hand to Ekta and said, "Vikasji hamesha aap k baare mein baatein karte hai! It's so nice to meet you!" Ekta, who has still been glaring at Vikas, turned her gaze towards Shilpa's hand for a second, arched her eyebrow dangerously and said, "Do you mind, if I could have a word with him, ALONE??" Shilpa withdrew her hand, she felt quite insulted to have been left hanging, but still she said in a cheerful voice, "Yeah sure!! Take all the time you need, besides who am I to interrupt between two besties.. Till then, I'll wait in the living room!" She tried to sound funny, but no one seemed to notice. Both of them were busy giving each other angry looks. Vikas was having a bitter frown on his face. With this Shilpa decided to leave the room and give the two friends, the much needed privacy!

As soon as she closed the door, Vikas started, "Yeh kya tha Ekta? Ye koi tareeka tha unse baat karne ka??" Shilpa overheard him. There was a smile on her face as she thought, "Aww.. Mere liye apni bestie se lad rhe hai! How cute!!? Zara dekhu to aur kya bola..." And she decided to stay by the door to listen to their conversation as he continued, "Tumhari himmat bhi kaise hui unse aise rudely baat karne ki?! Tumhe pata hai na wo meri.." He paused for a second and Ekta spoke up, "Wo teri kya? Huh!? Sirf colleague hi hai!! Aur sab drama jo tu kar rha hai na, please Bhagwaan k liye use band karde." He argued in a low voice, filled with guilt, "Aisa kuchh nhi hai!" She demanded, "Mujhse jhooth bolne ki koshish bhi mat kar! I know you for the last 15 years! Tujhse zada achhe se main jaanti hu tujhe! Try to understand, all this is not good for you.. Apne har project ki heroine k saath controversy mein rehna tera purana tareeka hai publicity ka!" Vikas, who has been looking at her, lowered his gaze and looked upon the floor. She continued, "Sarah k saath bhi to tune yahi kiya tha.. Yaad hai? And when she actually started to feel for you, what did you do??" She demanded at the top of her lungs, "You used ur younger brother! Wow.. You are Mastermind for a reason!! You knew he would obey and you used it for your purpose!! Not anymore Vikas Gupta! Just look at her!! (Referring to Shilpa) She's so perfect, so good and most importantly, she has a pure heart! You don't deserve her!! More like, you don't deserve anyone to love you!!" Vikas tried to calm her down, "Nhi Ekta.. Aisa kuchh nhi hai!" But she refused to listen, she turned towards the door, "You might like her, but still.. It does not give you the right of doing all this! Just imagine how would she feel, when she would come to know that, her "Oh so true love" is not even love at all!! You can't fulfill your vicious intentions at her cost!! Uss bechari ki kya galti hai?? Bas yahi na, ki vo tumhare iss drame ko sach samajhkar tumse pyaar karne lagi?? Kabhi waqt mile to zaroor sochna, ki aaj tak kitni ladkiyo ka dil toda hai tumne! Aur fir uss din apne aap se puchhna, ki sirf Thodi publicity k liye itna sab karna theek tha??" Saying so, she banged open the door and the sight left her in awe! Shilpa was standing there, eyes brimming with tears and holding the wall with one hand, as if to save herself from falling down. Ekta saw her in such a condition and her eyes got teary, out of regret too! She hugged her tightly and said, "I'm sorry on his behalf! I know.. Just.. Plz..." Shilpa realised what had actually happened and broke the hug with an expression of disapproval on her face. Ekta sensed it and said, "I understand, if you don't want to trust me anymore and I don't expect you to.." Saying so, she sniffed back her tears and walked out! Now there were only Shilpa ans Vikas standing face to face, but not eye to eye. Vikas was looking at her, but she couldn't manage to meet his eye. He tried to explain, "Shilpa tum galat samajh rhi ho.. Vo Ekta.." His words had not even properly escaped his mouth, when Shilpa ran out of sight.