The night changes

She rushed out of the party in a blazing hurry, even though there actually wasn't any! She got in her car and raced like a JET, not knowing where she was heading... Not knowing why... Even Not knowing, what made her feel so insecure, so suffocated, so scoffed? She just saw a man getting cosy with someone, that's it! If he was just "a man", any other man, for what did she leave such an important event, then? Thinking, thinking and overthinking, her eyes welled up with tears, decreasing her visibility to zero! She stopped the car by the roadside, next to a bridge over a lake and rested her head upon the steering wheel. She tried to calm herself down, to tell herself that he can do whatever he wants 'cause none of it matters now, but her heart refused to believe it! Annoyed, she came out of car and looked up at the star studded sky. A sight to behold! All her worries would automatically disappear whenever she looked up at the night sky... For the world, she was still there, but while looking up, she walked down the memory lane... In integrity with her late father! His thoughts, his memories, his teachings would take over her whenever she needed answers! It wasn't that she only missed him while in trouble, but mostly whenever she needed a mentor, a companion and a friend to talk to, to ask for advice, he was the first person in her thought! Busy in her thoughts, she walked away from the car and towards the end of the bridge. She kneeled over the railing and looked into the depths of the beautiful lake, while she actually convinced herself to go back to the party. To not get affected by a single person, to maintain her cool and go with the flow....

But suddenly someone pulled her with a jerk and started yelling at the top of his lungs! It was him. She felt disgusted as she found him gripping her so tight, so close, so loud... His words softened, as well as agitated her at the same time! 'He came here for me..leaving the party, leaving his friends, leaving all those girls... Just for me! He actually cares!' She thought, but let the other emotion rule over her.

She withdrew her arm forcefully, "How dare you touch me..huh??! Main kuchh bhi karu meri marzi..!!" She stopped for a second and realised what he meant, "Aise hi kuchh bhi assume kar lete ho? Main itni buzdil nhi hu! Aur aapko kya laga haaa??" He lost a little confidence seeing her buzzed off! He stuttered, "Mujhe laga ki aap... Umm,.. Mere liye.. I mean.!!" Her eyes widened, "Ohh! Aapko laga main aapke liye jaan dene jaa thi hu?? Wow!! Yha kisi film ki shooting nhi chal rhi hai.!! Aur aapke liye bhala main kyu jaan dene lagi?? Aap ho hi kaun?? How do you even matter??" She was about to turn back, but he didn't let her and kept her facing him as he began with a renewed confidence, "Acha?! Agar main koi nhi hu to meri importance bhi nhi hogi tumhari life mein!! Fir kyu meri wajah se party chhod k aayi?? Kyu nhi dekh paayi mujhe kisi aur k saath?? Hai koi jawaab inn sawaalo ka??" He trembled as he let it all out, but he knew that hadn't he done that now, he would never get the chance to do it ever! While wriggling her wrist out of his hold, she said, "Wow! Aapko kya lagta hai ki aap mujhe iss tarah emotionally traumatise karenge, aur main aapki baat maan jaaungi?? Huh!!" She humphed as she walked towards her car saying, "Main aapke inn bekar k sawaalo ka jawaab dena zaroori nhi samjhti aur aap kis rishte se mujhse ye sab puchh rhe hai? Main wapas jaa rhi..." She couldn't complete as he held her tightly by her shoulders and pinned her to door of her car!

Her eyes were shut tightly and her breath had already gone erratic. He was looking at her fiercely, as if wanting to burn her with that gaze! .....And, somehow she knew it! She daren't open her eyes 'cuz she knew, just a glance of his dark brown eyes would make her heart skip a beat and she'd go weak in the knees! Struggling for breath, she said in a low tone, "Ye aap kya kar rhe hai? Mujhse door hatiye!" Saying so, she struggled lightly in his embrace, as if she herself didn't want his grip to loosen, somewhere, she didn't and she actually wanted to give him the chance he's been craving for! Unaffected by her lame efforts he said, "Yehi baat aankhein khol k zara meri taraf dekh k kaho na!" He grinned 'cuz he knew that she's actually a terrible liar. He moved close to her ear and whispered, "Tumhe jaanna hai ki kis rishte se maine wo sab kiya...?" She didn't pay any attention to what he was blabbering, she opened her eyes for millisecond and shut them immediately, even more tight! She was all numb for a few minutes, all she knew was that they were in a dangerous position, his body inclined towards her and barely a couple of inches between them! His hot breath against her ear sending chills down her spine. She noticed him while He continued, "To suno.... I love you! I love you beyond anything... You mean the world to me. I'm really sorry for whatever has happened between us, and I totally understand if you don't wanna trust me anymore, but please... Just give me one more chance and I bet, I can fix everything! everything would be just the way it used to be back then!!" He pulled back with tears in his eyes, looking at her ardently, waiting for a reply, but she kept looking down trying to hide her tears, her blush or perhaps her love!

None uttered a word, then a car could be seen heading their way from the lone end of the road. She noticed it, as it's headlight pricked in her eyes and said, "I'm sorry!" And turned to open the door of her car, but he turned her around held her too tightly by the shoulders that it was actually hurting now! Shook her hard and almost shouted, "Tum humare saath aisa kaise kar sakti ho? I love you yaar! Nd I know that you do too!! Tumhe mujhpe gussa hai to mujhe saza do! Chikho-chillao... Magar aise mujhe chhod k mat jaao!! Meri galti k liye tum khud ko saza kyu de rhi hu??" Eyes filled with tears, and in a choking voice she said, "Saza aap bhugto ya main... Ek hi to baat hai.!!" She struggled hard and pushed him away. She wanted to get away from him, as far as she could! But, just the next moment, the approaching car stop right next to them, and two uniformed men got off it and stood beside her, as tall as pillars just like two bouncers!

They introduced themselves as senior inspectors from nearby police station, out on patrolling at night and skipping all the formalities, one of them directly asked Shilpa, "Ma'am agar ye aapko pareshaan kar rha hai, ya aapke saath koi zor zabardasti kar rha hai to..." He couldn't complete as Vikas intervened, "What the Hell!!?? Aap jaante bhi hai ki main kaun hu? Aapki himmat bhi kaise hui aisi baat karne ki??" He calmly replied, "Main bahut achhe se jaanta hu aapko! Aap unhi mein se hai jo apni post ka galat faayda uthakar logo ko badnaam karte hai.!!" He looked deviously at Shilpa, expecting her to agree with his assertion, but she was too busy staring at him. On the verge of crying, she quickly turned her gaze as soon as he looked at him annoyed! She hummed in affirmation, he proudly continued, "Jaise ki main keh rha tha, ki agar aap chahe to hum inhe abhi isi waqt arrest kar sakte hai.." Vikas tripped, now agitated beyond limits, "EXCUSE ME SIR!! Haath laga k dikhana!! Agar aap hume jaante hai, to ye bhi jaante honge ki hum dono anjaan nhi hai... Dost hai.! Hum jo bhi kare, vo humara personal matter hai.! To apni ghatiya assumptions apne paas rakhiye aur yaha se chalte baniye!!" The other man chuckled bitterly and said, "Hum jaante hai... To zara ye bataiye ki Aapne kis rishte se inki marzi k bina pakada aur hug kiya? Aap inke boyfriend hain? Nhi.! Fiancée hain? Nhi.! Aur husband to bilkul bhi nhi hai.!! Aur jaha tak mujhe pata hai.. Aap jaise celebs aise apni personal activities khule main to nhi karte!!" Both the men laughed loudly as they got the sarcasm in those words!

He asked Shilpa, "To bataiye Mam.. Kya ye aapke saath zabardasti kar rhe the?? Aap ek baar haa kahiye aur fir dekhiye! Abhi k abhi andr kar denge inhe aur fir akal thik aane aayegi..!" She remained silent as she struggled in the dilemma of what to do! She didn't want any harm to savour upon him... But also wanted him to be punished for for messing up her life. She wasn't done with her thoughts when The other man arrogantly announced, "Mam chahe maane ya na maaane! Eve teasing k case mein naa sahi to on duty police officer k saath badtameezi karne k liye hum aapko arrest karte hai!" He clutched his hand tightly and started tying it into handcuffs, whilst he pleaded, "Maine kaha aap se badtameezi ki? Main to mazak kar tha tha!!... Shilpa! Suno na!! Zara ek dafa dekh to lo upar!! Inhe kaho ki maine kuchh nhi kiya!! Main tumhare saath zabardasti nhi kar rha tha aur ye tum bhi jaanti ho!! Please Shilpa..!!" Both the men reconsidered their decision, maybe driven by the idea of honesty and modesty as he asked her, "To ma'am bataiye... Mera matlab aap inhe arrest karwana chahti hai??"

She replied after a minute thought, "Inhe le jaayiye!"