Face to Face, yet again!

The next week seemed to have passed in just a blink, with stern efforts from both Shilpa and Vikas. She wanted to ensure that both of them did not fall face to face, she wanted to push him away, as far as possible but was apprehensive of saying that to his face. She requested the production house if they could enter the event at different time, but all in vain! Vikas, being the head of the production house told the team to convince her that it was just a promotional strategy and to add cherry on top of it, he managed to get adjacent seats for them. Just some proximity was all he desired, to get a broader idea about her mindset and to understand what was left unsaid between the two. He knew that she would never enunciate on it, partly due to her bad communication skills, but mainly because it was all his fault!

The day finally arrived, she started getting ready for it, she was nervous nd tensed.. Pretty visible from her face itself, brows tightened, she was sweating even in an air conditioned room. Once done with her makeup, she headed towards the washroom with a sigh of relief to change into an elegant white kurti, which was her personal favourite and she believed it to be lucky for her too! Only if she knew, this time.... It actually wasn't! In the time being, something struck her mind... "He loves it whenever I wear white.!!" Who was "he".. There just wasn't any need to clarify. There's only one person who loves to see her in white colour, that too in a traditional dress.. "I...I- I can't wear this... Kya pata unhe lage ki maine unke liye pehna hai?" The mere thought brought nothing more than a strong feeling of disgust and hatred. Fearing further anticipation, she shrugged off the idea and wore a light blue dress, which hugged her curves perfectly.

She traveled to the venue in the car sent by the production house, but she was preoccupied with the thoughts and plans on how she was going to maintain her dignity and self respect, by not giving in to him

She traveled to the venue in the car sent by the production house, but she was preoccupied with the thoughts and plans on how she was going to maintain her dignity and self respect, by not giving in to him. Yes she loved him still... And that "still" was going to continue forever, but it wasn't something to be known by him! As she reached the dressing room of the venue, she was told that Vikas hasn't arrived yet and she'll have to wait for sometime so that they could make an entrance together. She breathed a sigh of relief that she didn't have to face him and firmly refused to wait, slightly because of her female ego and mainly to minimise all the possibilities of their head to head encounter. As she stepped behind the podium and was being photographed, there were many exasperated gasps and a large crowd coming their way. As the clouds of the crowd disappeared and finally became inexistent, he caught a glimpse of HIM riding it off. He was looking charming in casuals, that too in black! He shrugged the exciting crowd off and carrying a fresh and energetic smile, stepped towards her and hugged her formally. She hesitantly reciprocated to him with a large, but forced smile and the next moment, she was in his arms!

The moment she has been craving for, since the entire last week, has finally arrived! But she withdrew back and let her "made up" hatred and anger rule her, despite her immeasurable love

They posed for the press, which seemed  to have gone NUTS! Nd why won't they, after all, the "Showstoppers" had finally arrived. "What did I miss?" He asked casually, as cheerful as a butterfly and that made her despise him. "Nothing important.." She replied readily and wondered...Was he happy cuz it is all over? The thought caught her, But even when mingled in her thoughts a smile didn't leave the edge of her lips and it was actually noticed by him. "She must be acting! Oh God.! I wish I could be just as good at it!" He chuckled in his mind.  He bended a little and hummed, "Hmm??" He couldn't hear her, or lest pretended that he didn't. She turned up to repeat, but stopped as she saw that his well groomed stuble was just centimetres apart from her lips. As she realised it, icy chills traveled down her spine, a shot the media wouldn't miss at any cost!! Then the interaction with media actually started.
Media reporter (MP):  So aap dono ka relationship status kya hai?
Both giggled, one realistically and other pretending to be realistic... He asked, "Aapas mein... Ya individually??" And the whole lot of people laughed. The reporter replied, "Both sir! But first yours individually"
Vikas blushed slightly and looked at Shilpa, seeking her consent before giving any statement, but she kept a stern look on her face.
Vikas: Actually, I'm dating someone and we love each other a lot! We will even announce our relationship, as soon as we are convinced that we can tag along perfectly! Till then, fingers crossed!

The air was filled with gasps! Some excited and some disappointed.. But he didn't give a SHIT for how anyone reacted! All he cared for, was HER! He turned to her to note her expressions. Eyebrows raised, eyes enlarged in shock, she eyed him big time!
MP: Ma'am, yours? You look too surprised!
She gulped in and returned back to reality. "Nhi.! Main actually surprised hu! He never mentioned in all this time we've spent together!..." Sarcastic was her reply, but not everyone could get it! "Main.. I'm happily single! And trust mera abhi koi bhi iraada nhi hai.. Na to kisi relationship mein rehna ka aur na hi shaadi karne ka!" He nodded as she completed, pretending to be happy for her!
MP: Aur aap dono ka? I mean, aap friends bane ya abhi bhi 'na dosti na dushmani'?
The reporter grinned sarcastically and Shilpa felt a bit odd about her, Vikas started, "Nhi nhi..!! We're "just friends"! Afterall, itna time saath mein bitaya hai sets pe.. Dosti to ho hi gyi hai.!"
MP: Ma'am, what's your take on this? Kyuki aapne BB mein bhi kaha tha ki Vikas Gupta jaise aadmi se na dosti achhi, na dushmani.!
How trickier could a question be? She was actually prepared for this. Since, what everyone want is to create misunderstandings between two people unnecessarily. Similar happened when BB got over, and here they were... In the same situation, yet again! She smiled cordially and replied, "Aisa to kuchh nhi hai, ab agar aap gade murde ukhaadne k mood mein hai to main kuchh nhi kar sakti.. BB is over and it's been an year! Ab to agla season bhi khatam ho gya..." She let out a fake laugh and continued, "Haa maine aisa zaroor kaha tha, par uss samay situations bahut alag thi... Aur hum dono k beech kuchh problems aur misunderstandings thi. Ab hum friends hai kyuki hum dono hi bahut badal gye hai.! Ya jaise ye humesha kehte hai... 'We've EVOLVED into better human beings' Isliye mujhe nhi lagta ki iss sawaal ka ab koi matlab banta hai.." This answer made him adore her even more! She remembers all the tiny details! How perfect!! He wanted hug her so tight, and would have actually given it a try, only if they weren't surrounded by dozens of cameras and reporters!
Another MP: To ma'am, Vikas Gupta- the actor k saath kaam karke aapko kaisa laga? As a producer to aap pehle bhi unke saath kaam kar chuki hai.. Teaser mein aap dono ki chemistry ki bhi bahut tareef hui... Yaha tak ki aap dono k link ups ki khabare aayi... Aap iske baare mein kya kahenge?
And there was the question, she has actually feared the most! She looked at Vikas, who turned his face down in embarrassment, cheeks on FIRE.. Blushing so hard! She smiled wondering for a second... "Is this question asked by HIM? Did he pay the reporter to ask it?" It wasn't too much to assume.. After wht he had done... Having paid media was no big deal for him! "Why is everyone around me trying to break me? Why do they wanna make me feel that I'm the weakest of all?" She wondered, struggling with her words...

(I'm sorry for the late update, but was a bit busy... I promise to post every week! Besides, I love it when you CRAVE for it!! *evil smirks*😈
#JustKidding! 😂 Will try to post ASAP!❤️)