Burying the hatchet!

She parked her car and before retreating back to her apartment, she couldn't help but try to steal a glance at his residence, hoping to catch a glimpse of him and as soon as she looked in that direction, she saw him sitting there on a bench, in his lawn. She tried to walk past that view thinking, ''Stop acting like fool!! Like a love struck puppy!! You just found some photographs in his gallery, that's it!! Kuchh photos se ye prove nhi hota ki vo mujhse pyaar karte hai.. Afterall, aise pata nhi kitne fans honge jinke phone mein meri bahut sari photos hongi, so what?" But somewhere deep down, she held herself responsible for his state. She couldn't hold back than going back to him as she wouldn't have been able to sleep even for a minute, after finding out that he was uncomfortable. She walked to him and sat beside him, unaware of her presence he was still in his own wonderland and somehow she knew that he was thinking about her and she finally decided to break the silence and bring herself to his notice she said,
"Beautiful, isn't it?"

He recognised it in a moment, but didn't turn to face her fearing that he was just hallucinating and as soon as  he'll turn around, she'll be nowhere to be found! Afterall, she wasn't the only one who was afraid of losing her loved ones...Just cuz he never said it, it didn't mean he wasn't! He continued staring at the sky and said, "Yeah! Just like the reunion of two lovers after a painfully struggling separation!" He sighed heavily and took to look at her and it wasn't a delusion this time!! She was sitting right there, right beside him, he was surprised and asked that how come she was there and she told him that going to bed would be a horrible idea at this time, and he weakly smiled, "For the best! At least we can spend some time in beautiful company... Not sure about you, but it's beautiful for me!" As he turned his gaze back to the sky, she replied, "Khud ko itna underestimate na karo Guptaji..Sari duniya aapke saath time spend karne ko taiyaar hai.." A failed attempt of humour made her drop her head in embarrassment when he said, "Magar meri duniya to mujhse naraaz hai.." As he looked at her intensely, he continued with a sigh, "Main bhi kya apni baaton se aapko bore karne mein laga hua hu... Vo kya hai na, mere andar ka writer jaag gya tha... To aap ek kaam kariye, jaa k so jaaiye., varna yuhi kuchh zada bol gya to aapko bura lagega!" He faked a laugh, which was definitely not missed by her. She stood up with back turned towards him, she said, "Theek hai..Agar aap yahi chahte hai to...." She couldn't continue as he stood up, gripped her wrist tightly, but delicately too and pulled her towards him.

Both their hearts skipped a beat as he tucked some of her random locks behind her ear and inched closer. He whispered, "Main kya chahta hu, ye aap bakhubi jaanti hai.." He didn't pull back till the pool of tears in his eyes could be perfectly concealed by his lashes, while her heart silently weeped as she knew that he thought she didn't know what he was upto! He withdrew back and stared aimlessly at the ground, trying hard so that she could not decipher his feelings... But little did he know that he's just a dark horse in this race! She kept her hand on his arm affectionately, "Vikasji, dekhiye past mein jo bhi hua... Uska to main kuchh nhi kar sakti... Magar hum aagey ek nayi shuruwaat to kar hi sakte hai.!" With eyes brimming with tears, he looked at her waiting for her to continue. She did, "Humare bich mein jo aap soch rhe hai vo to nhi ho sakta... But we can start afresh, I know that you are a friend, cherished by many, so... Hello! I'm Shilpa Shinde!" As she forwarded her hand, she had no idea... Or maybe she had, but she chose to be blinded... That he was totally shattered! He held out his hand too, even her words had pierced his heart, he was keen on not losing a friend. As soon as their hands and eyes met, the universe stooped for the moment! He held that hand as if he never wanted to let go of it! Hold it tight till the doomsday and be united to eternity... And through his thoughts he had completely forgotten how long he has actually held on to it, till she said, "Errr.. Vikasji, mera haath.." He left it and said, "Aapka hi to hai.. Maine kab kaha ki mera hai.!!" He moved back, placed his hands in his pockets and said, "By the way, Main Vikas... Naam to suna hi hoga..!!" She laughed at him and said, "Naa! Bilkul nhi suna!!" They both again sat down and talked till dawn broke out into day... That's when they both retreated back to their homes... For they have found in each other, not just "Soulmates" this time... But something which was way more than that.... Friends!

The following day passed, as they both continued to think about each other! What next? Was it right? They both loved each other beyond measure, then how could they just let it go? Is this what they wanted? What if they can't even work out with a friendship? With numerous such thoughts flooding their minds... None had any idea what to do next! With Shilpa thinking that she can't just let him in once again, to render her with yet more of the heartache. Whereas Vikas's mind mingled as he thought that he can't possibly force her to love him! And even if he can, then it won't be fairm to both of them... Henceforth, thinking this to be the perfect choice!

(I have no idea what I've done here! Had a hard time thinking....
Nevermind! I'm grateful to all readers for reading and admiring my story!! And thanks a zillion for more than 15k reads!!💃🏻❤️💋Would love your suggestions... Hope you like my story as it continues!!❤️)