Is it Over?

"Shilpa wait!!" She heard him calling at her back, but that didn't stop her. Millions of  Thoughts rushing through her mind at that time. She wished that it was all just a dream.. A horrible nightmare, and she would wake up soon. But none of that happened! She cursed him... Cursed the person she loved the most in the world, just an hour back. She wanted to get away from him.. For being near him made her feel so unsafe! Vikas followed her to the gate. Being so deeply indulged in her thoughts, she didn't stop until he forcefully held her hand tightly and turned her around. They were already in the parking area and just a few steps away from her car. He pleaded before her, "Shilpu please.. I can explain! Just give me one chance..." He didn't complete, while Shilpa, who has recently got back in her senses, withdrew her hand from his grip with a jerk saying, "How dare you touch me??" Broken, on hearing these words.. He came closer to her and tried to cup her face in his hands. While she moved back saying, "Ek bar mein samajh nhi aati kya?? I said stay away from me!" Her Voice filled with sorrow, regret and anguish, seemed to breaking with every passing second.. Every word coming out of her mouth seemed to be her last. Finally, she gathered all her courage and said, "Aap mere saath aise kaise kar sakte ho.. To ye sab drama tha.. Acting thi! Sab meri galti hai! Mujhe aap pe dobara bharosa karna hi nhi chahiye tha!" Vikas's eyes gleamed with tears on hearing this. He couldn't bear to see her in such pain, in such heartache. He knew that whatever he has done, has torn her apart, Rendered her into a situation, where she might not be able to trust anyone ever again, might not be able to love anyone... More like, might not be able to believe in love. He wanted to hug her so tightly that all her broken pieces would stick back together, but he couldn't.. At least not against her will. After she had told him to "stay away" from her and not to touch her, he had no right to do it, even if it was the perfect thing to do. He wanted to hold her back and tell her everything.. Explain her everything and clarify it all, but not if she didn't wish to.

"Shilpu..." Just one word made its way out of his mouth and she looked directly into his eyes and kept her hand over the pendant he gave her on the day he proposed her. He didn't notice her movement as he was too busy looking into her eyes.. Trying to figure out, what they wanted to say. Sometimes, your eyes speak louder than your mouth. We often try to hide our feelings, but we forget that our eyes speak too. But all he could see in her tear ridden eyes was more and more pain, caused by him, and that broke his heart! He finally turned his face down in embarrassment and guilt. He knew he was the culprit and deserved to be punished. She broke the silence, "Yaad hai jis din aapne mujhe ye diya tha to maine kaha tha ki ye marte dam tak mujhse alag nhi hoga!" He looked up and found that she was holding the pendant he gave her. She pulled it off forcefully without caring of the consequences, "Mar gyi hai aaj tumhari  Shilpu!" She kept that pendant on his hand with a bang and rushed off.  As She opened the door of the car, she could hear him calling behind her, "Shilpa iss haal mein drive mat karo, main driver bhej deta hu.. You'll hurt yourself!" She stopped as she opened the door, gave a sarcastic and short laugh and said, "Jitna aapne mujhe hurt kiya hai.. Usse zada ab kya hoga?? Mar hi jaaungi na, to aapko usse kya??" She sat in the car and drove off. Away from the reason of her heartbreak, away from her love, away from her everything, whom she wanted to turn into a stranger again.. But deep down in her heart, she also knew that it is impossible, but her mind refused to admit it.

Vikas bent down on his feet, looked at her pendant... The symbol of their love, being left behind, clutched it hard in his hand and cried his heart out. The sentiments of deep regrets travelled through his body. He cursed himself, for what he had done, was nothing less than a deadly sin... That too, an unforgivable one. He knew that she won't forgive him, and even if she does, their relationship would never be the same as it used to be. He felt sorry as he couldn't explain it to her and also a bit irritated that she didn't give her the chance, but all this was nothing when he thought that he had broken her heart! His lady love, the only woman he actually belonged to, would never trust him again. The mere thought of separation and not seeing her again made him think that dying would be better than this! He felt that giving up on his life would be better than giving up on his love! Engrossed in his thoughts, he spent the next hours in the same place.

On the other hand, Shilpa stopped her car on the roadside. She rested her head on the steering wheel and started  sobbing like a teenage girl. One part of her wanted to give him a chance. It still hoped that he might have some explanation for all this, it wanted to confront him and ask him to spit out all the truth, whereas the other half wanted her to give up on him, to give up on the mere idea of love for it's the second time that someone had broke her heart and how can she be so dumb to trust him again. She was shattered and devastated, still hoping that all this might be a mere prank by his friends, but unfortunately, it wasn't! Her heart didn't wanted to move on and her mind told her that giving him a second chance would be even more painful. She couldn't decide. She found herself in a never ending dilemma, which seemed to kill her with every passing second. She reminiscing all their happy moments cuz she just couldn't let it go! Sometimes, you can't let go of the thing that are making you sad, because it was the only thing that made you happy! "Why did you do this to me!!" She moaned as she cried.