More Fun

"Mommy, look at that!" Ava tugs on my shirt before running over to a huge doll house "Can I have it?"

I walk over, admiring her expression as she stares at it like she will never see something so amazing again.

"We'll see.  You already have so many toys."

"But this is the best one ever!  Please?!?" She jumps around, trying to be even more cute than usual "I promise I'll play with it!"

"I think she needs it." Lisa walks up behind us "Her dolls could have a mansion and all live together.  They could sell all their little houses."

I glare over at her, trying not to laugh at her ridiculous suggestion.

"I want one for my action figures!" Julian decides, running up to the next one that is perfect for him "I can fit them all in there!"

"Hey, he needs it."  I smile at Lisa, knowing it's payback "He can destroy the other ones he has and keep this one in the living room to show off."

"See mommy, she says I can." Julian begs "I realllly need it!"

"Okay, okay." She finally gives in "But Ava gets hers too."

"Yay!  Thank you!" Ava jumps around like crazy, hugging Lisa "I can't wait to play with it."

"You're gonna love playing with it." I roll my eyes at Lisa "In Lisa's living room right next to Julian playing with his."

We let them get the houses they want and then move on to some other toys that they decide they need all of.

"Honey what about some more craft things?" I suggest to Ava "Some crayons and paint?"

"And coloring books?"  She hands me a few with princesses she likes "I love these."

She runs off to follow Julain before I even have the chance to suggest anything else.  They quickly maneuver their way through the store to find everything they want.

"Can we play in that?" Julian asks, pointing to a play area that's full of crafts "We can make pictures."

"Yeah go ahead." Lisa helps them get in the photobooth to get some pictures.  They act all cute together, doing all kinds of poses.

"Why can't they listen this good all the time?" I ask Lisa as we watch them draw on picture frames "This is so much better than the arguing earlier over who got to use the yellow cup."

"I know.  I really thought that might have been the end of the vacation... or world." She laughs, helping Julian with some stickers "It's amazing how quickly that candy became more important than the cup."

"Mommy, can we do one?" Ava looks up at me begging "I want one of us."

"Of course, baby.  Let's go." I follow her into the booth where she excitedly tells me exactly what she wants me to do.

"You smile and I'll be funny." She says, standing next to me so shes closer to my height. 

We change positions a few times to get different pictures before she decides that we're done.

"Here.  Make one." She hands me a picture frame.  I get a bunch of supplies while Lisa and Julian go in to take their pictures.

I think of how creative I can get with the decorating, grabbing lots of markers.  Ava takes hers, dumping whatever color paint she wants on it and shoving it in my face when shes done.

"I love it, we'll have to hang it up."  I tell her, letting her take over decorating mine "Make this one pretty too."

She starts to color that one as my phone rings.  I look at it to see Brad's name.  I quickly hand it to Ava.

"Hi, daddy!" She excitedly answers.

"Hey, princess.  What are you doing?"

"I'm coloring with mommy and Julian and Lisa."

"That sounds like fun.  Are you excited to come home and see me tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but I like it here."

"I know, but I miss you.  I haven't been able to see you in a week."

"I miss you too." She says, before handing me the phone and going back to drawing.

"Hey, how's filming?  Are you finally done?"

"I'm leaving set for hopefully the last time now."

"Good, so you'll be home waiting for us."

"I'll be waiting at the airport.  It seems like so much longer than a week.  I miss you guys too much."

"We miss you too.  I can't wait to be back home and finally get to relax.  I love it here, and she's having fun but I need a nap."

"You'll have plenty of time to rest here, at least before the baby.  After that you're screwed."

"Yeah, I know.  It's getting really hard to sleep too.  You're missing out on all the bitching."

"You mean I'm missing the best part?  Has Lisa had to go out at 3 am and buy you mayo and ice cream because you were crying that you could taste it?"

"Not yet but I could eat some cookies with cheese.  That's a good idea."

"That's freaking disgusting."

We talk a while more so the kids can finish their crafts before it's time to head back to the hotel. 

"Mommy, I'm gonna miss it here." Julian tells Lisa as we walk into our room "It's really fun and I get to see Ava every day."

"I'm gonna miss it too." Ava tells him, starting to get upset "But we can come back."

"Yeah." Julian says "And get even more new toys next time!"

"So many that we have to move the whole store."

"We'll see about that."  I tuck Ava into bed "I love you, Avalynn."

"I love you more, mommy."  She tightly wraps her arms around me for a hug "Can we get more toys tomorrow?  Before we fly?"

"I think we can do that.  Only if you two are good though."

"We will be!" Julian quickly says "We're always good."

"Most of the time." Lisa replies laughing "For now you need to go to bed, or you can't get any toys."

We wait for them to fall asleep before getting into our beds. 

"I can't wait to do this again."