Press stress

Brad's POV

I walk out of my dressing room from the little break I got, listening to Jen's 3rd message.  She's been very stressed recently with having both girls alone, me being here, and her mom being her mom again.

"Wow, she really doesn't leave you alone." Angie sneakily walks up behind me, obviously listening to the message "Her mom sounds like she just wants to see the girls."

"You have no idea what her mom wants.  None of us do." I sit at the table, grabbing a snack from the middle "She's really stressed right now.  We both are, and unfortunately we can't really lean on each other like we normally do when I'm here."

"You just don't seem very happy." She sits across from me, staring me down "Like you're stuck or something."

Yeah. Stuck here. I think to myself.

"I just miss my family, that's all."

"Why didn't they come with?  Support you more."

"We didn't wanna be flying with Kassie unless it was an emergency." I answer her, knowing that's not the answer she was looking for "We just didn't feel it was worth it to pack up a 5 year year old and few month old baby."

"Makes sense." She gets up, walking away "You still don't seem right though, and I'm going to find out why."

I roll my eyes as she walks away, knowing she's just trying to make this separation harder on Jen and I.  It sucks, but I have no other choice than to be here and deal with all this.

I still have a few more minutes, so I call Jen to calm her down a little.

"Hey, sorry I didn't have my phone in the interviews when you called." I say once she answers "Is everything better now?"

"I guess." She sighs "I really don't know.  She's freaking out because I invited your mom to that event and not her, and I just feel like she's taking advantage of the fact that I'm already stressed."

"I know it feels like that, but I'm sure it does hurt her to see you with my mom or Sherry... not that she has done too much to help your relationship."

"I just thought we were over all this pettiness.  I thought she would understand that it's just easier for your mom to go to some things.  It's not that I don't want to do anything with her."

"She'll get over it, babe.  Maybe invite her out sometime after the premiere when we aren't as busy anymore.  It might be good for you guys to do something together with the girls.  I'm sure Ava would love it."

"I thought about doing that.  I just don't know what I wanna do yet." She finally calms down a little "So how's everything going there?  Anything fun happen?"

"It's been interesting.  Your favorite person has been quizzing me on everything about us.  I can't wait to be done with this and be back home with you guys."

"We miss you.  They finally just laid down for their nap, but Ava has been asking what you're doing all day."

I smile, knowing they miss me as much as I miss them.

"I'll have to call back again later so I can talk to her."