Bruised And Blue

My chest fills with hot air.

"Why would you think that?" He moves his head from my shoulder.

"Just some of the evidence at the car crash." I see his eyes start to water again. I give him a hug before he has a chance to break down. I feel him breath harder as he snuggles his face into my neck.

"I'm so scared." He says against my neck.

"It's okay." I say hugging him harder. "It's okay."

We sat for a while making small talk about my life, since his is pretty much in pieces.

"So who's going to stay with you?" I say after a long pause. He groans.

"My aunt Melina." I smile. The last time his aunt visited she gloated about how pretty I was (thinking we were dating) and even waited for us to kiss when I left.

"She's sweet." I say quietly. He chuckles.

"Yup pretty much."

The bell rings and I say bye to Trent and evacuate before the cheerleaders-

And I spoke to soon.

"Hey goth girl. How's your hot brother?" I laugh as Trent's friendly girlfriend comes swaying her hips towards her boy toy. I roll my eyes.

"My god aren't you the sweetest Meghan!" I say in my bubbly tone. She and her little cheerleader posy giggle.

"Oh Trent!" Meghan says bouncing up and down. "Come on let's go to the mall!"

"Meghan can you listen-" I say but she points her manicured finger towards me.

"Shh hon. I'm talking to my boy, not yours."

"Meghan, he's not in the mood to-"

"I said shut the hell up you emo bitch!" She squeals. Trent walks out of the room at the wrong time.

"Meghan?" Trent walks towards me. "Are you okay?" He says grabbing my shoulder. I nod and turns to face Meghan.

"We need to talk Meghan." His voice is scary deep. His eyes locked on to her. She giggles.

"Wow why are you defending this goth girl?" She says chomping on her gum.

"Outside. Now." I'm a bit scared of his tone. I can see Meghan is too because she scurries outside with him.

I head to the buses when I pass them arguing. Meghan places her hands on his chest but he pulls them off. That's a first. I snicker under my breath. I hop on the bus and put my headphones in. Within 5 minutes, Trent comes sulking onto the bus. And he brakes the routine again by siting next to me.

"Oh fuck Sky I messed up everything." I look at him puzzled as he breaks down. He flings his backpack across the isle. I see the bus driver give him a look and I reply with a little smile.

"She broke up with me!" I go hallow. For once in my life Trent is single. I shake the feeling and hug him. This is all my fault.

"I'm sorry I-I did this." He shakes his head.

"No I did. She's mad about the whole not hanging with her." I gulped.

"Did you tell her about...your parents?" He nods with tears in his eyes. "Do you want me to come over today?" He nods again crying harder.

"I love you Sky...thanks for being here." He says through mumbled words.

"No problem Trent." I inhale a sharp breath. "I love you too."