Blue was his swan song

After school, I have to check in with my brother before I evacuate to Trent's house. I pull my key out of my backpack and shove it in the hole.

I was preparing to go off on my stupid brother, but he sadly wasn't home yet. I pull out my homework and music. It's an hour later when I hear the squeal of the tires pull into my drive way. I throw everything back into my black backpack and run outside. Josh and Meghan are sucking faces in the car. I grab the water bottle in my back pack and pour water all over them.

"What the hell?" Meghan screeches. Josh gives me a glare but he just turns to get out of the car. I turn and head towards Trent's house. Josh catches my arm before I can storm off.

"You were supposed to come home right after school." I say snapping at him.

"I had to talk to the football coach..." He says staring at his shoes.

"Why? You hate football." I sigh and look over at Meghan ringing out her soaked hair.

"Well she is a cheerleader so I will see her more, and the quarterback postion just opened..." He is still staring at his shoes.

"Trent was the quarterback...You ass! Don't talk to me!" I say struggling out of his grip.

"He quit first Sky. I would never make him quit!" I start laughing but my eyes are starting to water.

"You know what you can call me Skylar. I dont want anyone to know I am your sister." I run off to Trent's house.

************************************

"Hi Ms. Melina. Is Trent here?" She nods and lets me in. I run up the stairs and to the right, and almost run right into him.

"Sky?" He says holding my shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"Why did you quit?" His expression goes blank and he walks into his room.

"I have too much going on. Between my parents, Meghan, school work and you-"

"Me? What kind of stress do I give you?" I say bitterly. He runs his hands through his hair and plops down on his bed.

"No not like that..." I scoff and throw my bag on the ground. It goes silent for a while. I go and sit by him.

"I'm sorry I'm later than usual..." I say smoothing my jeans.

"Why is that?" He says reaching for Jeffrey.

"Blondie and my stupid brother came late. Josh is the new quarterback." He groans and collapses onto his back. I put my hand on his knee. "I'm sorry..."

"No he deserves it. He deserves everything. From my ex to my postion to my family." I move my hand from his knee as he abrubtly sits up.

"Trent.."

 "No he does! His life is so perfect right?" I throws Jeffrey at the wall. "He deserves every little thing I can't have! He gets a mom and dad, he gets Meghan and popularity, and he gets you too!" and with that comment we decend into silence again.

"He gets you." He says after a while.

"No he doesn't. I am not a thing you can own." He nods grabbing his laptop.

"I'm sorry Sky..."

"It's fine." I cross my arms around my chest.

"Can I make it up to you with some music?" I laugh and nod. He puts on a 5sos song. I smile and lay on my stomach next to him. He starts playing a new song, Rejects.

"This isn't even supposed to be out!" I bounce up and down. He laughs and clicks play.

"Leaked." I make a bunch of embarrassing noises and watch as the lyrics and music start.