Blue hearts upon red cheeks

I stand in front of the mirror, scrubbing at the little blue heart.

"You're just irratating you skin." Clara says absent mindly picking at her nails. I start crying and scrubbing harder.

"Yo-you don't understand! I have a boyfriend." I say through the tears. I hear her scoff.

"Honestly, that guy is a dick. Ash on the other hand..." She stops messing with her nails and stares at the ground. She clears her throat and pats the counter. "Well I am going back to the table, you have makeup all over your face." She throws a makeup wipe at me and walks out of the bathroom. I use the little wipe to clean up my face, but the sky blue heart still looks bright. I sigh and go to sit back down. They all stare at me as I sit down.

"So," Clara starts. "She has a boyfriend. So yeah." Then she goes back to putting salt in her cup. I burry my head in my hands. I feel someone sit next to me and put their arm around me. I jump and hit Clara's arm. Ash's face turns an even brighter shade of red as he slides back into his side of the booth.

"I-I'm sorry Clara." I say putting my hands in my lap. She lets out a big breath.

"It's fine." She groans wiping off the salt now in her lap.

"Um are we going to go to the park?" Jamie says tugging on Ash's arm. He shakes his head.

"We just need to go home." Ash says patting Jamie's head.

"Wait, no let's go." I say smiling. Jamie jumps up and crawls under the table. He grabs my hand and runs towards the door, dragging me with him. "Is it in walking distance?" I say laughing.

"Yes! I know you don't drive much its okay." My face flushes. We walk hand in hand to a small park. "Push me on the swings!" He yells sprinting to the old creaky swingset.

"Okay okay! I'm not the greatest runner!" He jumps on the swing and wiggles his legs. I give him a couple of pushes until he is swinging on his own. I see the rest of the group come walking in. Mikey walks straight towards us, but Clara stops at the gate. Ash turns and goes back to talk to her. He tries to put his hand on her shoulder, but she swats it off and walks back out. I see him run his hands through his hair as he walks our way.

"Where did Clara go?" I say giving Jamie another push.

"Home." Ash says sighing. My heart stops.  

"Don't worry I'll give you a ride home." I nod and hear Jamie start laughing.

"Don't be nervous Sky, he's a good driver." I blush and see Ash's eyebrow raiise.

"Were you doubting my driving skills?" I give Ash a nervous giggle.

"Um no." He smiles and heads over to a bench, pulling out his phone. Mikey follows and they start talking. Everytime I look up I see Ash's color deepen.

"Jamie, what do I do?" He frowns and motions me to grab his hand so I can slow him down.

"Well, Ash is really confused right now."

About what?" He nervously bites on his lip.

"Well...Clara kind of likes him, he knows but he doesn't like her back." I nod and sit down on a small patch of grass. "And he doesn't know what to do with her or you for that matter."

"I messed up everythihng." I say putting my head in my hands. This is so embarrassing to be asking a little kid about my love life.

"You didn't mess anything up Sky." I smile at him and help him off the swing. "I probably need to head home." I nod and we walk over to the bench. They both stand and Mikey and Jamie race back to the diner, leaving Ash and I alone.