Lost and Blue

Sky

Three months later:

I study the back of the kids head in the smelly study hall. The light above me flickers as I try to distract myself. He has small little bumps running down his neck, hiding under his shirt. I sigh and press my gaze back to the paper.

It'd been three months, four days and 20 hours since Ashton was taken, the cops stormed the house and found Autumn's father in a mixture of blood, tears and stinging bleach. The smell stayed in my hair for days. We were rushed back to school, Luke bringing the broken girl from the home we just tore her from back to his house. His family was happy to open their home for her. I saw her yesterday talking to Clara, they seem to get along.

"Psst." Luke motions a finger next to me. My eyes light up.

"Ms. Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask the teacher feverishly. She nods and I bolt out the door. I wait outside and Luke strolls out.

"I have good news!" He chirps. My heart flutters.

"Did someone find him?" I say hopefully. All I could be is hopeful. Since he was taken by Clarence. Because of me.

"No," My face drops. "But we did find some evidence-"

"Damnit Luke! I don't want more of your evidence I want him!" I sob pressing my hands into his chest and running off. I turn the corner, not hearing footsteps behind me, and I collapse against the wall.

"I just want him back...oh Ash where are you..."

***

Ash

I press my back up against the cold wall. I've been in this cellar for too long and I feel the air stiffen like it usually does.

We are going to leave soon. Again.

"Let's go." Clarence barks and kicks my leg. I stand, my legs shaking. He hasn't used any sort of chains on me. He knows I won't run. He knows I want him dead too.

I stumble towards him, pressing a lock out of my face. I grumble about the impending haircut I need.

"Get in." He shoves me towards the truck we've been traveling in. A silver ford. A construction workers truck. A dead mans truck.

I shuffle in as my stomach churns. Its been days since since I've been feed a legitimate meal besides bread and some French fries I found on the ground after our third stop at Burger King with nothing on the menu for me.

"Where are we now..." I grumbles out my voice a gravelly dehydrated mess. He rolls his eyes.

"Like I'd tell you." He handcuffs me to the arm rest. I raise my eye brow at him. He chuckles and gets in the driver's side. "Somewhere new...very new." He chuckles sending a shiver down my spine.

This isn't going to be good. I hope Sky is looking for me...she has to be.