Blue, Red...and Green?

Luke stares at the little green heart. I see the color of blue seep into him. I get a little upset seeing him get darker and darker. I grab his hand, leading him into Ash's house. He follows numbly behind me.I lead him into the bathroom and he sits down on the toilet.

"I can't do this to Ash, he's like my best friend." Luke says putting his head in his hands.

"Just stay calm okay, I'll talk to him about it tomorrow." I grab a wash cloth and got it wet. I walk over and kneel in front of him.

"You have really pretty eyes." He says touching my cheek. I take the wash cloth and dab it on his face.

"They're just a boring grey." I say standing up quickly.

"I-I'm sorry." He says standing. "I just made this very awkward."

"No, no it's fine." I wring out the towel and hang it back on the little towel rack. He stands next to me, leaning on the counter.

"Well...since we have this whole thing with my hand and your cheek...maybe we should..." I put my hands on the counter to keep myself standing.

"I'm not sure Luke..." My hand clenches on the counter. "I barely know you."

"You barely know him. This is the first time you've been in his house!" I look over to see his hands clenched.

"Calm down Luke." I say backing towards the door.

"No! This isn't fair! Why does he get a chance but I don't?" He says latching onto my wrists.

"Ow...Luke." He looks down at his hands holding tight on mine. He turns me so my back is facing the wall, pinning my hands next to me.

"If you won't listen, I'll show." He lean in and presses his lips against mine. The hunger in his movement picks up. The small warm lip ring glides across my bottom lip in a swift movement. He picks me up and sets me on the counter. I wrap my hands around his neck and my legs around his waist.

I've never felt this way with Ash. We've only had a few strong kisses, where Ash wanted to go all the way, but Luke just feels like he wants to hold on forever. I pull away when I hear the sliding glass door open and shut. Luke helps me off the counter and I turn to fix my hair.

"Hey Sky? You okay in there?" I hear a familiar voice mumble. Ash.

"Yup I'm fine." I motion for Luke to get in the shower. He gets in before I can open the door to see Ash standing in the doorway. My hands start shaking, what a bad girlfriend I am, hiding one in the shower.

"I think I'm going to be-" He pushes past me and throws up in the toilet.

"Wonderful." I say patting his back. When he's done puking his guts out he brushed his teeth and turns to face me.

"Wanna kiss?" He says giving me a sloppy wink.

"No not after that." I say plugging my nose. He laughs and gives me a hug.

"Fine fine. Goodnight princess." He walks out and into a bedroom down the hall. Luke stumbles out the shower looking really red.

"Wow." He says a bit taken back. "He's drunk."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because he let you get away without kissing you." I giggle and close the toilet lid and flush it. I'm washing my hands vigorously when Luke wraps his arms around me.

"Can I have a kiss pwease?" He says messing with his lip ring. I laugh and turn around. His hands pull my hips closer to his and he leans down and gives me a hungry kiss.

"Mmm." I mumble against his lip ring. "Don't you have someone to drive home?"

"They can wait." I groan and push him off.

"What? Is my lip ring annoying...I can take it out." I shake my head and run my hands through my hair.

"I can't do this. I can't be with both of you. I need to talk to him first." He nods and walks out of the room. We get into the living room and see Maria and Connor laying on each other and Amy occupies a little love seat. The only thing left was a small chair.

"Well I guess I'm staying the night." He says plopping on the chair. I give him a weird look as he pats his lap. "Lay down for a little please? I need something pretty to fall asleep next to."

I sigh and sit next to him. He slides his hand behind my waist. When he finally falls asleep, I pull out my phone and send my brother a fake 'I went over to Ash's early today' text and fall asleep with Luke humming.

*******

I wake with a jolt, my phone in my pocket buzzing. Luke is apparently a really heavy sleeper and doesn't wake. I open my inbox and see a message from Josh.

No school today. Teacher work day.

I send a quick response and snuggle back onto Luke. I realize where I am at and wiggle off him.

It must be early because there is no light coming into the windows. I walk down the same hallway I saw Ash disappear into. I open the door and see his fluffy hair overlapping on his pillow. I walk over and lay next to him. Exhaustion sweeps over me and I fall back asleep.

*********

"Sky?" I hear a very attractive morning voice mumble. I look up to the door and see Luke with disappointment over his face. I feel Ash move over a bit and I can see the light of a laptop near me.

"Oh hey Luke. She's still asleep." He says flattening dow my hair. I feel the bed give in near my feet. Luke must've come and sat down.

"We need to talk." I hear Luke say sternly. No! I was supposed to tell him. My jaw clenches but I continue to listen. I hear Ash's laptop shut.

"Yeah what's up?" I hear a gut wrenching silence, then a soft, "Oh," from Ash.

"I know. The odds are...no even calculable." Luke says pleadingly.

"How...who...?"

"Sky."

"What the hell." I hear Ash moan. "This is so unfair. I thought...we would be able to be something." Luke goes silent.

"I'm sorry." He finally says. I decide it's time to wake up and I fake a stir.

"Looks like sleeping beauty's awake." Luke says patting my leg.

"Uh huh. Sleeping Beauty." Ash mumbles.

I yawn and see their eyes are locked on me.

"What?" I say giving them a weird look.

"Frick!" Ash says punching the wall. Luke doesn't move.

"Ash what the hell?" I say pushing him.

"Go! Get out!" Luke grabs my arm and drags me to the bathroom.

"Stop! Let go!" He pulls me in front of the mirror. "What?!"

"Look." He says simply.

I see me. My grey eyes and my brown hair tangled in half waves. And I see...

"No way."

The blue heart is no longer blue. But an electric green.