Blue Nightmares

I wake up screaming. My hands trying to find something to hold onto but I must've moved over and I can't find Ash. It's still pitch black outside. I sit up and cry into my hands, my heart racing. Ash jumps up from the bed.

"Sky?" He says searching for me in the dark. His hand brushes my knee. I cry into my hands harder. He pulls me closer to him. I tug on his shirt.

"This is all my fault!" I wail out. "If I hadn't been so whiney and had just picked you in the first place we wouldn't have met Clarence-"

"Shhh baby calm down." He says smoothing down my hair.

"How!" I scream. "I practically killed you."

He tenses at the thought but continues to flatten down my hair.

"It's three am. You need sleep." I nod and lay down. He lays down about a foot from me, and grabs ahold of my hand. Right before I'm about to fall asleep I feel a gentle kiss on my forehead.

***

I wake to the smell of coffee and warm bread. I look over to see Ash and Luke on the couch with a big map of Texas.

"So your uncle lives here?" Luke says poking the map. Ash nods and takes a highlighter out.

I drag my feet off the bed and sit up.

"Oh look sleeping sexy is awake." Luke says. Ash groans and comes over to me.

"Hungry?" He says handing me a muffin and coffee. I nod. He stands and goes towards the bathroom. "I'm going to go get ready."

Ash mumbles a line of curses and goes in the bathroom with his clothes.

"Why must you constantly piss him off?" I say to Luke standing to grab my clothes.

"Hey, he got the pretty girl, I get the jokes. It's how it works." I sigh and bed down to grab my backpack when Luke starts laughing. "I'm happy I evacuated when I did, you guys making out is so nasty."

"What?" I say raising an eyebrow at him.

"Nice hickey." He says laughing. I stand quickly and walk over to the bathroom.

"It's me." I say knocking on the door. Ash opens the door with only his shorts on and his toothbrush dangling from his mouth.

"I need to get ready." He nods and holds the door open for me. Luke comes running over.

"Ooo can I join?"

"No." Ash says slamming the door. I giggle and slide my bra under my shirt. I pull it into place and then tug my shirt off. I see Ash looking at me from the mirror.

"Hey!" I yell throwing my shirt at him.

"I don't understand why girls always freak out when they are seen in a bra. It's the same as a bathing suit." He says spitting out his toothpaste. I walk over and wrap my arms around him.

"Well there's only a tiny piece of clothing between you and me." I say dragging a finger down his back. His eyes jump up to mine and his face turns red.

"Uhh..." I laugh and slide on my shirt and quickly pull up my shorts. I brush my teeth and he comes up behind me and hugs me.

"Ash dear I can't move." I say making an example of trying to move my arms.

"And? I'm comfy." His hands slide down to my waist and tug on my wait band.

"Uh Ash?" He picks me up and sets me on the counter. I am now eye level with him. He is about to lean in and kiss me when Luke knocks on the door.

"Hurry up! I need to get ready!" Luke whines knocking on the door.

I go to get off the counter but Ash puts his hands on my thighs.

"Ash...he needs to get ready." I say ruffling his hair with my hands.

"Mmm and?" He says in the crook of my neck.

"I need to cover my...bruise.He noticed." He gets off me quickly blushing. "For such a cocky dude, you sure so get embarrassed easily."

He frowns and puts out his hand to help me off the counter. I pull out my make up and find my concealer.

"Need help?" I nod and he takes a bit on his finger and rubs it on my bruise. I wince and he stops. "Sorry."

I finally get ready and walk out the bathroom with Ash on my heals.

"Thank god! I need to pee!" Luke says sprinting into the bathroom. I laugh and walk over to my bag.

"So your uncles huh?" I say folding up my damp pjs.

"Yeah...I mean yes...if that's okay." He says nervously.

"Yes it's fine." I say laughing. "Where does he live?"

"About 30 minutes from here." I nod and pick up the room key.

"How about you go check us out an I will pack the car?" He chuckles and takes the key.

"Well finally we can have a normal conversation." Luke says behind me.

"I guess." I say grabbing Ash and I's bag and walk outside.

"So about us..." He says staring at his shoes. I throw the bags in the trunk and take his from him.

"What about us?" I slam the back door and go back in the room.

"Can't you give me a chance?" He says closing the door.

"How? Cheat on Ash? I don't think so. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me!"

"I don't know but..." He starts.

"How Luke tell me because I'm dying to know your master plan!" He looks really frustrated. He grabs my hands and pins me against the wall.

"My master plan? I don't have one okay. Am I not worth it Sky?" He says his grip loosening.

"Luke, I promise you will find someone. I'm just not them."

"That stupid heart says you are." He growls.

"Well do you listen to Clarence?" I say bitterly back.

"No but-" Luke says stuttering.

"You put this heart here. If it weren't for you it would still be blue."

"I-I didn't mean to! But Maria is like a sister to me Sky!" I scoff and try to pull away. "Please don't hurt me when I do this." Luke says pleadingly.

"No promises." I say near tears. Luke presses his knees against my leg keeping me still. I whimper when he grabs my cheek and pulls me in for a kiss. It's nothing like I've ever felt. Waves and waves of blackness swim in my vision.

Him and me at the cafe. She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. He comes over with the tea making me smile. Slowly it fades to the night where I first saw his green heart on him. Then I wake up with the green heart and he's so happy. Then everything goes downhill. Blue gets deeper and the times he sees Ash and I together is tearing him apart. He's dying. The blue in him is turning into a burnt blob like how Trent's was.

I pull away gasping for air.

"You're dying." I say grabbing his face. His sad face slopes into a small smile.

"Aren't we all?"