Not so blue anymore

I wake to the sun blinding me through the screen. I jump up, shaking a stray arm off of me. Where am I? I look to the snoring face next to me. Trent's house. I sigh and wiggle back under the covers, and under his arm. I wish I had been awake to fall asleep in his arms. I hear a buzzing coming from his laptop, and see my phone on it. I reach across him, careful to not bump him. My phone has a couple missed calls, most from Josh and wow I have a call from my mom. I open the voicebox and listen to one of Josh's frantic messages.

"You need to come home Sky! Its 715 and mom and dad are starting to worry. I honestly can't believe you think you can hide from them by staying at his house all day. I am not going to hold up the fort for you anymore Sky."

I sigh and listen to the next one.

"You are so screwed Sky. You should have came home. I looked in your room. You took your bag that you use when you sleep over. Don't you know what that makes you look like? A slut. Yeah I said it. Come home, please."

I rub the tears from coming down. Why am I now a slut? I've never done anything like that! Hell I am still a virgin! I hate him! I open my mom's voicemaiil and prepare for the worst.

"Hello Skylar. I have been told by your brother you went over to Trent's house because of the passing of his mother. I know comfort is needed in a society but really you need to figure out your prorieties. Him or your furture. Him or your family. And yes its is currently 730. You are offically grounded."

The line hangs up aburbtly. I am a bit surprized, my mom actually sounded like she was about to cry. Emotion wasn't even considered to be human in my house. I put my phone in my sweatpants pocket and I snuggled up agaisnt Trent's bare chest.

"Mmm?" I hear him mumble.

"Good morning." I say looking up to him.

"What an amazing sight to see in the morning." His sleepy voice slurs out. I groan and burry my face in the covers.  "Love, what are you doing?" Love? Did he just call me love? I thought he only said that to Meghan...oh.

I wiggle out of his grip and get out of his bed. My chest pounding and my mind in pieces. I steady myself on his computer chair.

"We," I said motioning inbetween us. "Are not a thing Trent." He raises his eyebrow at me.

"Sky..." He says running his hands through his hair. "I didn't mean to scare you..." He stands and holds onto my arms. "You are my everything right now, and I need you. Even if you aren't ready to be us, we are friends and we will always be." I nod, trying to shake the freak out I had for a moment and  breath.

I pick up my bag and excuse myself to go get ready for the day. I use the restroom and brush my hair and teeth. I comtemplate putting on makeup, and laugh because I need it. I am just finishing off my makeup when I hear a soft knock.

"Sky, I need to brush my teeth. It wll only take a second." I unlock the door and let him come in. He has a pair of basketball shorts on and a Nirvanna shirt. I smile and finish up my makeup. "Yah ruly don ned that." I hear him try to speak with his toothbrush in his mouth.

"Trent," I say packing up all of my makeup. "Don't speak with your mouth full." I hear his chuckle and he comes up behind me, hugging me around my waist.

"You don't need makeup." He says putting his chin on my head. I roll my eyes and walk out of the room. "Please don't give me that look."

"Please don't lie to me." He growls, literally.  

"I am not lying!" I turn to face him. His mouth is in a tight line, his eys are fixaded on me. "I'm not."

"Fine. Let's say I dont need it, but you couldn't kiss someone like you did to me the other-"