Just blue

I run upstairs before I could hear Trent call me back to him, where I would undoubtly just collapse into him. I turn and collapse agaisnt the back of my door. My chest bubbles with everything I want to scream. I see a pencil sharpener on my desk. I shake my head and throw it across the room, watching it shatter. I clutched my phone and with my hands ,shaking, I place my headphones in. I pick the sadest song and lay on my bed, trying to drown out all the voices in my head.

You're just the statue,

Of the boy I used to know,

You're just a tattoo,

Of the words that we once spoke,

You're the dry river,

Where the love used to flow,

But it still runs through me,

With you it had to go.

My eyes have cried too much to cry anymore. So I just sit staring at the roof, my mind so blank. I look at my hand, but there is not glow, just nothing. Speaking of my new "power", I wonder if that person emailed me back. I drag myself up and pull my computer closer, the music still blaring in the back of my mind. I quickly open my email to see the return address blinking. I click on the email and it goes a bit like this:

Dear Skylar Monet,

First off I am Asher Enderson. Yes, I may be the "emotion reader leader" but that seems a bit too formal. Just call me Ash. I am also a juinor. When I was 14, I got this random tattoo on my wrist that simply said 'Anger'. Yes you have the same symptoms as me and one other kid at my school and another one down the road. And I would please ask you to not call it an "issue" more of a gift.

Sincerely,

Ash Enderson

I laugh at his whole 'too formal' speech. I am tempted to respond right there, but he just sent it about ten minutes ago. I sigh. Take some risks for once. No don't take risks, you just had one blow up in your face. Oh be quiet and just respond to the email you big baby. So with that I start typing:

Dear Ash Enderson,

A tattoo sounds harder to explain then a random blue streak. How did you explain it? What are the other kids like? Are they our age too? I am sorry to offend you about calling it an issue but for now it is my issue. Oh and I was wondering which school you go to? I go to Emerson High in Destin, Florida. Thanks for taking a minute to look over my email.

Sincerely,

Sky Monet

I send my email and shut down my computer. I keep the same song I was listening to before over and over again until I fall asleep.

**************************************

 I wake to hear my headphones buzzing alerting me of the low battery. I eagerly pull my laptop towards me and plug my phone in. I quickly jump on my email to see a response.

Dear Sky,

I told my parents that it was sharpie for two years and then I asked to get it tattooed. They took it pretty well actually. Enough with that, you live in Destin? I also live there, and so do the other kids. Their names are Mikey, Clara, and Jamie. Mikey and Clara are twins. Mikey can see joy and Clara can read depression, yes it is quite ironic they are opposite. They are both in their sophmore year. Jamie is quite unique. We are almost postive that he can read almost every emotion. Clara goes to Emerson and Mikey and I go to Marcos Del Sol. Jamie is only in third grade. He goes to school right next to Mikey and I. I can add you into a group chat if you would like?