Deep Depressed Blue

In the morning I wake up to my clock freaking out, trying to wake me up. I look over to my phone and see a few miss calls from Trent. I call him back while I'm choosing something to wear. He picks up on the first ring.

"Trent.."

"Forget you Sky..."

"What the hell?"

"Your stupid ass brother is dating Meghan." My breath hitches.

"What do you mean? When?"

"Last night after I hung up, I went on facebook to delete that bitch off my facebook. I saw "Meghan Reynolds is in a relationship with Josh Monet."

"Trent...I'm so sorry. I didn't know..."

"To hell you didn't know!" I flinch.

"Trent I'm not lying to you! Why would I!"

"Don't talk to me." I hear him sigh. "Goodbye Sky."

"I- but!" I try to defend myself but he hangs up before I can. I throw on my jeans and converse. I try to pick out a shirt but I end up just grabing a gray sweatshirt and a white tank top instead. I go to my bathroom and put on all my makeup. I stomp down the stairs when I see Josh about to leave.

"What the hell is your problem!" I yell pushing him in the chest.

"Whats wrong with you?" He says looking puzzled at my attempt to get dressed.

"Your dating the blonde bitch that bullies me at school!"

"She bullies you?" I laugh.

"Wow look who cares." I run past him out the door towards the bus stop with tears in my eyes. Blondie stops me before I can keep going. She leans agaisnt her baby blue mustang picking at her manicured fingers.

"Aww look who's late for the bus!"

"Go away Meghan."

"Can't. Your brother has a hot date for a ride to school today." I groan and run to the bus stop. Trent is siting on the curb. The blue tint on his skin is really bright today.

"Hey.." He ignores me. I sigh and nudge him in the arm. "Trent my brother is an ass, but I'm not." He looks up with no emotions.

"Come here." He says patting the curb. I sit next to him and he puts his arm around me. "I'm sorry I was just upset."

"Its okay. I was pretty pissed too." I snuggle my head into his shoulder. Josh and Meghan go speeding down the street.

"Freaks!" Meghan calls out, her laughter following in her trail.

"I hate him." I say putting my head in my hands.

"I hate her." He says putting his hand at the small of my back. "So we both are on the same page."

******************

The whole day was filled with Trent and I seeing Josh and Meghan making out everywhere. When I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. In the hallways, in the classrooms, even in the girls bathrooms. By lunch, Trent is contiplating getting us out of school.

"I can pretend to have to go to my mom again, and you can be 'sick'." He says attacking his mash potatoes with a fork.

"Who would give us a ride home? I'm not walking 5 miles." He ponders this for a while, then he lights up.

"Aunt Melina!" I start laughing.

"You are so weird Trent." He looks at me with that look. You know the one that look where you both move in and you kiss. Thats the look. I don't like this look right now. He snaps out of it but for one awkward mintute he is just staring.

"Who's that?" He says motioning to a girl siting alone at a table behind me. She has black hair and bright green eyes. She looks a bit younger than us.

"No clue, should we go talk to her?" He nods and we both pick up our lunches and walk over."Hi can we sit here?"

"Um sure." As soon as she talks, she lights up blue. Deeper and darker than Trents, almost a black. I collapse into my chair.

"So um what's your name?" Trent says raising an eyebrow at me. I mouth that I'm fine.

"Annie." I smile.

"That's a beautiful name Annie." She shrugs her shoulders.

"Its alright." I look over to Trent, but he just shurgs his shoulders like Annie.

"What grade are you in?"

"I'm a sophmore." I nod and take a bite of cold mash potatoes.

"We are juinors." She nods and checks her phone.

"Uh my friend is calling me I have to go. Talk to you guys later?" She jumps up and scurries off out the door.

"That was weird." I say to Trent.

"Not really." I give him a sour look.

"What do you mean that was really weird?"

"She's just really shy. Thats all." I roll my eyes. "You know you were really shy when I first met you." I give him a weird look.

"Really?" He nods.

"It was kinda cute." I smile.

"I guess you could say I'm kinda cute." I say nudging him in the arm.

"I guess you could." He says smiling back. The bell rings and we head off to class.