Blue 2.0

I feel my eyes starting to open, Clarence's words still echoing in my head.Will Ash really not love me anymore? the bond has been broken, and now my heart is green.

I open my eyes to see Ash caressing my face.

"Sky? Did you see them?" I nod and sit up. Luke isn't in the room anymore.

"Where's Luke?" I see the blue in Ash deepen.

"He had to go home. His parents were upset he stayed out all night." Ash says bitterly.

"Okay," I sigh and stand to go in the kitchen.

"What did they say Sky?" Ash says following me.

"Well...one of them talked to me. He is apparently related to me." His mouth drops.

"No way. You're like reader royalty." I laugh and look through the cupboard.

"Anyway, he said that Luke was supposed to be with Maria..." I say throwing a Mac and cheese bowl in the microwave.

"Maria hmm?" He says leaning against the counter. "She's like us." I raise my eyebrow as I fish for a fork in the dishwasher.

"What does she read?"

"She's special. It's not much of an emotion but she can tell if you're lying, and to the extent of your lying." He says like it's not big deal.

"That's interesting." I say starting to eat the Mac and cheese. He sticks his hand in my bowl and grabs a couple. "Hey!"

"I'm here because of you and I haven't eaten since yesterday." I sigh and get him a fork.

"Okay, he also said that once the bond between us is broken..." My throat closes up. "You won't like me."

"That can't be true..." He says pausing before he shovels more Mac and cheese into his mouth.

"It's what he said." I hear the screen door slam and Josh comes running in.

"Sky!" He says giving me a big hug.

"What's wrong?" I say peeling him off of me.

"Someone checked out Trent and had some blonde kid at gun point!"

**********

Ash swerves the car over for the third time.

"Jackass! Stay in your own lane!" I look over to see the speedometer inch over 80.

"You're speeding." I say.

"The speed limit is 75. I'm fine." Ash says with his knuckles turning white on the steering wheel. I hear Josh sigh from the back of the car. We come sailing into the hospital parking lot, where Ash almost takes out a cop car.

"Holy crap slow down!" I say grabbing onto a handle. We jump out of the car and run up to the police tape line.

"Ma'am this is a police investigation."

"My friend was just kidnapped okay!" The police officer lifts the tape and the three of us run up the stairs and into Trent's room. A man in a black suit stands guarding the door.

"You can't enter right now." I peek past him and see them picking up little things and placing them in baggies. I see a certain blonde standing in the doorway.

"Meghan?" I say wiggling under the mans arm.

"Oh Sky! Its terrible! Trent was kidnapped and he has two hostages!" I look at the picture on her phone. Trent is bent over in pain as a man in a clean suit shoves him in the back seat. I then see the person driving.

"Luke."