Chapter twenty nine: Say Amen

Trigger warning: suicide
Dippers pov

Bill and I were about to leave the mystery shack that day. We walked out to the porch and saw a rolled up piece of paper laying on the splintery brown wood.

I bent down and grabbed the rough parchment.

I rolled it up and read it aloud.

"Dear pines,"

My face dropped as I read the name.

"Ford! We can't let him do this, Bill!"

"Hold on Kiddo, think about it. Maybe we shouldn't save him."

"What! Are you crazy Bill! He's my gruncle!"

"He fucking raped you! He ran away from jail and tried to kidnap our kid! Do you really think that we should just let him live!"

"We can't just let someone die though. We can't just let someone die! We can't!!"

I grabbed the note and started off into a run towards the forest.

After everything he's done to me. After all the shit he's put me through. The fact that I'm so happy now and just the thought of him makes me feel like shit. I wish that none of that had ever happened! I wish that he would have never done those things. I wish that I could just forget Ford. I wish that that I could forget!"

I ran and ran I had no idea where In the woods he would be. Where would he have even gone but, then I saw a glimpse of a someone in the distance.

"Ford!" I yelled.

The figure just stayed there. I moved closer and saw that it was just swaying back and forth.

I got closer and closer then I saw it. I saw the brave image of Ford.

He was wearing his old lab coat and even though it had only been a few months his hair was even more grey. He eyes were closed and his neck was red with the rope wrapped around his neck. His feet swayed back and forth.

My legs collapsed against the ground. I don't know how I should feel. I don't know what I should do.

"You can't die! You can't! You asshole! You can't escape your regret and guilt through death! You can't die! You can't!"

I'm so confused and conflicted. I want him dead but, he's my uncle. My family.

"Why! Why did you have to do it!"

"Pine tree? Where did you go?" I heard Bill calling out for me.

I stood up and ran towards his voice. I ran right into him. My arms wrapping around him.

"Bill! He's-

"-Dead." Bill interrupted.

I began sobbing into his chest.

"Come on. Let's go home."

"No! We can't just leave Ford."

"It's the best we can do for him. He's dead Dipper. We have to leave him there. We can't bring him back. We can't do that!"

"At least cut him down please. Don't let his body dangle from the ground!"

"Fine." Bill snapped his fingers and the rope snapped.

"Let's get out of here."

"Okay"

He picked me up and brought me home. He put blade to bed and laid down with me on the couch.

"I know that I should be happy that he's gone but, I just want to forget him. I want to forget Ford."

"Maybe you can forget him..."

"What do you mean?"

"The memory gun."

"We can't use that can we?"

"What if we just erase everyone's memories about Ford. We could just completely forget that he ever existed."

"Maybe"