ºCHAPTER 040º

ºKAVEN POV~ AFTER LIFEº

ºTWO MONTHS LATERº

"Mommy look, grandma did my hair"kyliegh said running in the living room.  I look at how my mom braided her hair and put a bow in it.

"That's so nice kyliegh. Did you thank grandma?"I ask.

"Yea"she ran to her room all excited. Donavan was with Dave at the store with my dad. Khai was with Desiree somewhere. He really love that girl.

"So how is the baby?"my mom ask. Did I tell y'all, I'm pregnant with Dave third child. I'm so happy cause now we complete our goal. Have three kids, have a big house, and get married.

"It's doing good"I smile. "How you and dad?"I ask.

"Doing great. I miss that man"she smile. "You know when you and dave get older y'all gone be in love forever"

"I don't know mom, forever"I sigh. "Proudly for a couple of years when the kids get bigger"

"Kaven, don't say that"my mom said. "You will be with him forever"

"Okay"I rolled my eyes. I got up from the bar stool and went to my room. I walk in seeing the bed all a mess. I didn't even feel like making the bed this morning.

I made up the bed and then look at my ring. I kind of thought about what my mom said. Is we gone stay together forever? Probably so. I really don't know.

I went in the bathroom so I can check myself and my makeup. I look at my small 2 months stomach and smile. Hope this is a girl.

"Okay"I sigh heavily.  For some reason i been sick a bit. Probably the baby.

I walk out the bathroom going back to the living room. My mom was cooking my favorite. Stew chicken with pasta.

I sat on the couch reading a book from my favorite author. James Baldwin. For a hour of reading I was done with the book.

"Babe"I heard Dave called me from behind. I turn around seeing him holding Donavan. "You been reading ever since I got here"

"I didn't know, this book is so good"I smile. "How was shopping with my dad?"

"Fun, till Donavan started crying and being bad"dave said bouncing him in his arms. "You and your mother?"

I sigh loudly looking at my ring. "Do you think we gone be together forever?"

"Of course we gone be together forever"he kiss my lips. "We have a family, something I want"

"Your right. After all that damn chasing me for no reason, you finally have a family"I smile.

"Don't ever think about that ever again Okay"he kiss my lips again. "I love you"

"Love you too"

Today was the best day ever. Finally, I had my family that love me. Me and dave can let go of the pass and move on with our kids in peace. No more gangs, violence, and blacksta.

Just me and him.

The end