Part 6 - It hasn't ended yet

Sorry for the intense focus on your shoulder, Mirror-Mollie, but I'm just checking we don't have a bruise – not that I'd care because we have another week with him! We survived the salsa without a dance off. It was a tad stressful though. The dress rehearsal was terrible, I lost my nerve and it went awfully. I missed some of the lifts and he couldn't save them. I'm sure I was like a dead weight to him.

Then we did the show and somehow all he had taught me came together and we did the whole routine. My shoulder bumped the floor in the last lift but by then I didn't care. I had got through it, I'd made him proud and it was done. If it came to a dance off, I would deal with it then.

But I didn't have to! No dance-off for another week. We messed around backstage taking photos and putting them on social media. There was one photo that I asked him to alter – to pop a smiley emoji over his face to mask him kissing my cheek. Leave it up to people to make of it what they may. I've started to get careless – they will make up stories regardless. Most people are too busy talking about Alex's jive anyway. I wish I could produce a dance like that. Poor Alex, so upset afterwards. I can't imagine doing this show so soon after what she's been through. I love having my mum in the audience every week. To do this wishing she could watch...well, it's just heart-breaking. And there's another reason to use social media carefully – Alex has had hate thrown at her for crying because she misses her mum. I mean, really. What is wrong with people?

We will be back in ballroom this week. All he's told me is that it will be super romantic and I'll be amazing. I can completely live with that. And oh my goodness, how much did I love having him hold me so close when we were announced as safe? Like, why did they leave us so late, I thought I was going to faint.

Poor Davood – he had a much higher score than me and ended up in the dance off. They're right, nobody is safe. They didn't deserve to be in the dance off. The producers were saying it was because people think you're safe if you get a good score and then they don't think you need the votes. I don't think that would make it any easier. The dance off has now become my biggest fear. One slightly off dance and this would be all over. I can't even face up to you, Mirror-Mollie, how much that would break me. I know the bubble pops eventually, but I don't think I'll ever be ready for that to happen. What would we even be without the Strictly bubble? Dancing is such a brilliant excuse to have your hands all over each other. Like, I get he dances with lovely Chloe and the other professional dancers, but when we dance together – I don't want to put words in his head – I dance just for him.