Part 27 - We'll still have each other

How is this even possible? I was so sure it was our turn to leave. But we were called safe first! I was so worried we would pull each other down the stairs, I just held on to him for as long as possible once the lights had dimmed. There may have been a cheeky kiss, I'm not a girl to kiss and tell. Oh, and Alexandra in the dance off? Crazy times.

And in crazy times, crazy things happen. Like holding hands on national TV with a man you're 'just friends' with. For the entire interview with the other couple too. Oh and then he placed his hand on my thigh and I held it there. I am so sure that will be picked up on after the 'kiss kiss' antics. Way to play it cool, Mollie!

I had all these noble intentions to protect him and what do I do? Excitement gets the better of me and I don't let go of him. In fairness, I didn't feel him pulling away, but I don't think he realises how complicated things can be. The press can be so relentless. I know if you're in the media that press intrusion is a part and parcel of the career. But he hasn't had my experiences – he was head-hunted into showbiz from a highly competitive, disciplined but ultimately respectful career – it can be vicious at times. And they repeat things from years ago in every article. How many times do they gloss over the triumphs of The Saturdays to mention my X-Factor auditions or that I 'dated' Prince Harry? If we go public, his 'seduction' by a 'cougar' will be mentioned. They don't care about the truth and they don't care about being kind.

And then I look at the mirror and see the sparkle and hope in your eyes and part of me thinks what does it matter? As long as we know the truth. As long as our families and friends know. We don't have to hide it, but we don't have to advertise it. Just be us. We'll still have each other.