Part 12 - Cat amongst the pigeons

I think we may have just set the cat amongst the pigeons (bit of 1980s Bros). We just left a very public event together in a taxi. I stare at you, in my bathroom mirror, unsure of what speculation we may have just generated. Oh, Mirror-Mollie, that was either madness or genius.

It's been one hell of a day, no pun after Halloween week. I had a photo shoot for the Christmas campaign, which I was equally thrilled and terrified by. Modelling lingerie is exhilaratingly scary. I spent the whole time imagining his reaction to seeing me, that made the whole experience less scary, and maybe just a little bit humorous. Of course, I had my glam squad making me look my ultimate best. I was in good hands. But there were other hands I was thinking about...

I knew I would see him in the evening. A special awards ceremony that those involved with Strictly attend every year. He'd be in a tuxedo and I had picked the perfect dress. His favourite colour – yellow. The minute I had tried it on, I knew that it was the perfect dress for the occasion. There was something mesmerising about thinking about him all day whilst posing in beautiful lingerie, knowing I would see him that evening. I have never felt more desirable.

Due to the photo shoot, I was late to the ceremony – I know, like my punctuality is the stuff of legend. And I'd seen he'd already been across the red carpet (he looked stunning). I was feeling tense and nervous about going straight into the ceremony – I've always found the red carpet a fun way to find my feet at these occasions. I shouldn't have worried. He was waiting for me once he knew I was almost there. Bless Gorka, he took a beautiful photo of us on the way in. He understands the Strictly romances. It's such a lovely photo – I think I will cherish it forever.

AJ and I spent the evening close to each other. I love the feel of his hand on the small of my back as we move around. The connection of our eyes, even if we are on opposite sides of the room. The awareness of each other. The way he carries my belongings and the way I trust him to do that.

When I told him I was ready to leave, he said he was too. I said we could share a taxi. I wondered what he would make of that. His smile was radiant. I would do anything to win that smile again.

Well, Mirror-Mollie, I hate to disappoint both of us, but the only man waiting in the bed for us is dear Alfie. The other man in my life made sure I got home safely, bid me a very emotional kiss goodbye, and told me there would be plenty of magical nights together in the future, but he didn't want to rush things between us. I respected that, even though I did feel a stab of disappointment. But he's right. We have all the time in the world.