Part 29 - Hopelessly devoted

I am the luckiest girl in the world...our song is Hopelessly Devoted from Grease. I love this song. I love the film. I love Sandy – I always wanted to play her with Ellen and Lauren when we used to perform songs from Grease for our grandparents, but they were always Sandy and Rizzo and I had to be Danny. Finally, my time has come! And don't I have the most gorgeous Danny Zuko to be devoted to? It's like it was perfect for me – I remember Craig telling Ruth when she had the Rumba that you have to act your way through it – well, lucky me, I get to 'act' being in love with AJ.

Apparently, it wasn't the song that was originally slated for us. It was meant to be I Dreamed A Dream from Les Mis. Like, that is a beautiful song, but it's not exactly a romantic rumba is it? I would much rather be Sandy than Fantine.

And Grease is such a fun movie – we watched some of it on the laptop, AJ does a great Danny impression...well, it sounds a little bit like Scooby Doo, but it's awesome. Oh we have had so much fun today. It amazed me that we can spend so many hours together, yet it feels like I can never get enough of him. He makes me feel comfortable. He's seen me at my worst and he still loves me. I sound pathetic, but I love the way he says my name. Molllliiieeee. It makes my heart soar. And getting to learn the rumba means there are plenty of excuses for being up close and personal again. I am so winning at life!

It feels like there is less pressure this week – only one dance to learn, I know the mood of the dance suits me, it's slower so I have a bit of thinking time. So he's set me a challenge. Craig keeps making these sly comments about how things are good because AJ is leading me (that's surely AJ's job, and isn't it the same for all the other ladies?) so AJ is making me start the dance on my own. Just me and the music. I have to get all the steps on the right beats and I'll have no help at all. I am so going to rock this. Positive thinking. Come on, Mollie!

But unless I take off this make up and go to bed, I'm not going to have enough energy for tomorrow. I need all the energy I have to keep up with him!